Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 31
01-25-2010, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corran2000
gah, thanks for putting it all over the forums instead of using the bugging system like I did.

Now this just makes it so everyone will be trying it in headstart to see if it fixed and if not to take all the loot. It better only a few knew about it until it got fixed but you gone and published it to the world
I love when these exploits get outed. Apparently people reporting it in CB and probably even OB wasn't enough to get Cryptic to bear down on fixing such a huge exploit. Now they either fix it fast, or become a bigger joke in the MMO world.

Stuff like this can break the game and economy in short order when the people that know stuff like this all hit level cap in less than a week and flood the AH with gear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruis.In View Post
hmm lets see...gottta do this against a borg cube.

no death penalty = wacky gameplay. RAM THE HOSTAGE SHIP PEOPLE!
Except the hostage ship is now so LOL easy, you don't have to.
Lt. Commander
# 32 I agree
01-25-2010, 10:26 AM
I agree with everything you said, also keep this in mind.

The Crytaline Entity mission is a Lt. Commander mission. For someone to have ramming speed II they have to be a captain in a captain ship most likely. That means they are fighting something 20+ level lower than them.

Things like this need to be addressed. the level bracket for missions and such needs to be locked +/- 5 under or over your current rank. this kind of crap is just going to encourge griefing, camping and farmers.
Lt. Commander
# 33
01-25-2010, 10:32 AM
very true beowulfx. Already got my first gold spammer this weekend wtf???
Lt. Commander
# 34
01-25-2010, 10:36 AM
The only gold spammer I won't report is the one who whispers me ads in Klingon. That's just kinda entertaining.
Lt. Commander
# 35
01-25-2010, 11:36 AM
much easier...just make it so that any combat skill puts you in combat, or is deactivated when at full impulse.
Lt. Commander
# 36
01-25-2010, 12:25 PM
I have a solution:

anything hit by a ship using ramming speed does not drop anything.

Stops people farming the Crystal entity, and makes ramming speed the last resort, as it was intended.
Lt. Commander
# 37
01-25-2010, 01:03 PM
Easy solution, remove the ramming speed ability from the game - problem solved.
Lt. Commander
# 38
01-25-2010, 02:24 PM
one word " WHOA "
Lt. Commander
# 39
01-25-2010, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corran2000
gah, thanks for putting it all over the forums instead of using the bugging system like I did.

Now this just makes it so everyone will be trying it in headstart to see if it fixed and if not to take all the loot. It better only a few knew about it until it got fixed but you gone and published it to the world
While playing Star Trek Online it is against the game policy to intentionally disrupt the game play of other players.
# Intentionally exploit game bugs

So you intended to go against regulations

Scource: http://www.startrekonline.com/support/policies/behavior
Lt. Commander
# 40
01-25-2010, 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_Hawk
While playing Star Trek Online it is against the game policy to intentionally disrupt the game play of other players.
# Intentionally exploit game bugs

So you intended to go against regulations

Scource: http://www.startrekonline.com/support/policies/behavior
Word from a veteran MMo player here, give the player an exploit....they'll abuse it no matter what. Just because its 'against' the rules, it doesn't matter players will still use it. So Cryptic really has no choice but to fix some of the major exploits before launch such as this one, and the duping exploit.