Lt. Commander
Ok, So i've had the game installed for a week and I havent gotten passed the log in server. So i installed the game on my laptop which can barely run it but behold, i got through. So the issue seems to be with my main computer. I have opened every port i can find to open for this game, i've allowed it through the firewall, i've turned the firewall off, and nothing. I've ran the nettest on both computers and the laptop gets through no problem, but the computer times out. Is there ANYTHING that can be done?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-25-2010, 01:51 PM
need more detail...

when you try to use it... what exactly happens... any error messages... anything else? it might not be a connection issue.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-25-2010, 02:03 PM
when i try to log into the game it says "timed out at account server" i'm using windows 7 64 bit
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-25-2010, 02:31 PM
Try this.

Start the Launcher.

Click the OPTIONS button at the top of the page.

Make sure you have NONE set for Proxy.

Click Ok.

See if that works.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-25-2010, 02:39 PM
Tried it. Didn't make a difference
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-25-2010, 02:58 PM
Dstahl no offence, but please read the other threads. People have even gon as far as indepth disccussios with ISP,s and even router manufacturers because they keep gettign DC'd. The problem seems to be a routing issue on YOUR side, not ours.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-25-2010, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgp123 View Post
Dstahl no offence, but please read the other threads. People have even gon as far as indepth disccussios with ISP,s and even router manufacturers because they keep gettign DC'd. The problem seems to be a routing issue on YOUR side, not ours.
Well since he doens't have problems connecting with a laptop through the same connection i doubt its his/her ISP and or router.

If i have "weird" problems like that first thing i do is a fresh windows install

Or you could try to find out what the IP is from the STO (login) server and see if there is packetloss or anything, if there is any try find out where it goes wrong?
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-25-2010, 03:33 PM
on your main computer what are you using as a connection. nic card, modem (wireless /wireed) , router model/ direct to modem is the ports open or forwarded at the router. if forward then only on PC can connect to the game (which would explain why the lap works and not the PC as the forwarding is going tothe laptop IP.)
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-25-2010, 03:45 PM
On my computer i am using a wireless usb adapter. My laptop has a built in one. I tried forwarding the ports through the windows firewall (7000-7500 from what i saw here on the forums) and it did nothing. I have no ports forwarded through the router itself.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-25-2010, 03:55 PM
Are you able to connect wired bypassing the usb wireless (to eliminate the wireless connection as the source.)
Closed Thread