Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Graphical and Sound Issues
Login

Starfleet Veteran
# 51
04-22-2014, 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yunquaah View Post
Having this exact same issue on my laptop with an ATI mobility Radeon HD4250 video card. Win7 system, tried all DX modes to no avail. On my workstation with an Nvidea Quadro card all is working fine though.
[Edited again]
It's the old Dynamic Lighting causing problems for AMD cards again. Hopefully that gets sorted out soon. Also, GPU-Accelerated Particles was on by default, and that is best off for my PC and many others. Will put together a post to start a thread with my findings
[end of edit]

Before the update, everything was smooth on My ATI Radeon 7750. Now, the framerate is shot to hell with same graphics settings. Known issues blames it on 12.2 Catalyst. Not sure about that, considering everything was very smooth before TODAY. I'll try taking their advice, roll back my driver, and report here later though.

P.S. Known Issues is horribly out of date in regards to AMD video cards. Someone needs to fix that
Quote:
Because it's the sound that steel shod boots make on the deck plating of a real warship. As opposed [to] the cushy carpeting on the Federation luxury liners.
Archived post on the origin of the word "Klink"

Last edited by infammable; 04-22-2014 at 10:11 PM.
Ensign
# 52
04-24-2014, 05:30 AM
Having an issue with the Training area. Well i made a new character, and once am into the game, the screen is black. I can however see the interface, options etc. But can't see my character.
Ensign
# 53
04-25-2014, 04:57 PM
These are the bug/glitch graphics screenshots I have to share

Everything was working fine before this:

http://s28.postimg.org/6r2389ynx/scr...5_19_43_05.jpg

http://s9.postimg.org/dtnq7wuov/scre...5_19_44_12.jpg
Starfleet Veteran
# 54
05-04-2014, 07:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by infammable View Post
[Edited again]
It's the old Dynamic Lighting causing problems for AMD cards again. Hopefully that gets sorted out soon. Also, GPU-Accelerated Particles was on by default, and that is best off for my PC and many others. Will put together a post to start a thread with my findings
[end of edit]

Before the update, everything was smooth on My ATI Radeon 7750. Now, the framerate is shot to hell with same graphics settings. Known issues blames it on 12.2 Catalyst. Not sure about that, considering everything was very smooth before TODAY. I'll try taking their advice, roll back my driver, and report here later though.

P.S. Known Issues is horribly out of date in regards to AMD video cards. Someone needs to fix that
If you are experiencing issues with AMD Cards it is highly recommended that you use the latest Beta Drivers if you are on Windows 7 or 8.x

Any issues you experience are not ones with your Drivers, even if they do "Crash" and have to restart they are actually serious problems with STO itself. While a crash dump and report might help Cryptic to understand the problem, realistically without knowing the exact state of what was happening at the time such issues are often difficult to diagnose and solve per GPU.

Still part of the issue here is the lack of robust code being used as it is heavily modified.
Ideally Cryptic really needs to rewrite the entire Graphics Backend of STO rather than simply support DirectX 11 as while it is compatible it doesn't work exactly like DirectX 9 and retaining DirectX 9 support is actually a BAD thing over supporting it as a Feature Set as there are several conflicts that occur taking the Multi-API approach especially as they handle "Multi-Core" and "Memory" allocation in very different ways.

So as far as a 'temporary' solution goes, if you experience issues you should immediately switch-off Multi-Core and Multi-GPU support... yes you will take a performance hit, but it also should enforce validation on memory allocation and disable Async operations that are often at the heart of Driver crash issues.

I would also recommend anyone running on 32-bit OS still be sure to upgrade them to Windows 7 or 8.x 64-bit versions ASAP, as these WILL leads to issues as time goes on.
Ensign
# 55
07-17-2014, 02:32 PM
hi, i am ahaving really gruesome experiences with startrek online, screen turning white anytime a dreadnought or borg cube gets destroyed, even for two seconds at undine assault when the planet killer gets beaten.

i tryed everything from graphicsettings, but nothing worked.

reinstallation solved the problem for some hours, but today installing the patch, everything is even worse, now i get whitescreens with use of gravitywell sometimes also.

btw, i was getting whitescreens while typing bug reports also. and for somewhile those screens where green.

i am not kidding, i don't know what to do with this problem.

one thing is for sure, the failure is not on my side.

+++ is this mail real? i found it in my spams foulder.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi

You recently contacted Perfect World's customer service team and we'd love to know how we did. With just two minutes of your time, you can help us make our service team better!

Please take a few moments to answer this *very* short survey. To show our appreciation, we will enter you into a drawing for 500 Zen! Each month 10 of our lucky players who fill out the survey will win.

To take the survey and be entered into this month's drawing, just click on the Survey link here: Click here to take this survey.

Thanks, we really appreciate your feedback.

Perfect World Customer Service Team

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by tiwit1; 07-17-2014 at 02:49 PM.
Ensign
Crystalline Cat and a few other stfs with large pops... cant see weapns fire or shields. Running a lenovo 510p with a medium high gt755m nvidia card. Cryptic...hello....anyone there..? ...
Lieutenant
# 57
08-12-2014, 06:21 PM
Excuse me my bad english.

I think I am having an issue with flickering nebulas and in many places at any space sector . No issue at ground.

This start to happen yesterday. I dont make any change in my system for last two weeks.

I made this terrible video, using AMD Gaming Evolved.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQdf3E5r_HM

This error is happening only in DX11.

Video card : amd R9 270x

Last edited by leokesler2012; 08-12-2014 at 06:31 PM.