Lieutenant
# 11
03-11-2014, 01:48 PM
Thank you for the update, at least somebody is aware of the issue.

If you (or your networking person) need any more information (including wireshark dumps) just let me know.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 12
03-14-2014, 04:37 PM
If you haven't done so, you might also try checking in the PC, Network and Technical issues sub-forum. http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=70
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-14-2014, 04:46 PM
Strange i am getting lag at this moment, almost 2 hours no problem...
Lieutenant
# 14
03-15-2014, 12:39 PM
While I am currently experiencing quite bad lags and disconnects (but only after map changes) the foundry problem has existed ever since season 8 launched, and at that time there were absolutely no network issues at all.

The network/routing was quite bad right before christmas, got better in january, and then got a lot worse ever since arc launched.

I am currently trying to track down where the packet loss/congestion is happening, currently it looks a lot like there is a problem in the xo.net network.

The game's reaction to connection issues have also become a lot worse during the past 2-3 weeks. In the past the game would either recover or drop the connection. Now it just stalls, only allowing me to turn the ship but I cannot move. If I try to start doff missions I just get an empty list.
At this point I can no longer log out/change characters, only exiting the game completely and restarting helps.

TL;DR> foundry problem has existed since S8 launched, independent of current network issues.
Current network issues seem to be arc related or xo.net routing problems.
Ensign
# 15
03-17-2014, 06:35 AM
I've been going back and forth with support on this matter for the last week and it pains me to tell you all that they seem entirely unaware that this issue has existed for at least a year.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh....php?p=8648741

In fact, they don't seem to be aware of much of anything (i.e. the difference between support for someone having issues with CREATING content and someone having issues with CREATED content).

I hold little hope that this will be resolved any time soon.
Ensign
# 16
03-20-2014, 11:17 AM
I got the same problem
Ensign
# 17
04-13-2014, 09:02 PM
Im having a problem where the game is freezing up and the controls refuse to respond. The server crashes once every ten minutes and my ship of character would jump and not heed my commands. Please shed some light. I use a lenovo windows 8 desktop
Empire Veteran
# 18
05-04-2014, 07:57 PM
I'm having this problem myself. Just after the season 9 patch. I can't edit because of that waiting for editing server issue.

Edit: Just deleted my Foundry toon and managed to get it to work x.x **phaser to head**sssshh......

Last edited by nxnovacat; 05-04-2014 at 08:01 PM.