Captain
# 81
04-26-2014, 10:25 PM
Another LC! But we should save this one for LC 100.

"Nexus"

"2410. The year when everything changes. The Nexus has reopened and your Captain has disappeared within. Your crew has followed into the Nexus and discovered that, while only moments passed outside, your captain has spent one hundred years in the Nexus in their own paradise. Write a log about how your captain spent that century in the Nexus. What was their paradise like? Who was there? Does your captain even want to leave?"
You haven't heard "Jukebox Hero" until you've heard it in the original Klingon.

Captain Elijah Barnabas Lowe, U.S.S. Sierra.
Ensign
# 82
04-29-2014, 10:31 AM
Really looking forward for #63... They always seem to run late when I'm itching to write.
But in the meantime, some ideas...

*Daily Grind*
Throughout the day, you and your senior staff manage dozens of duty officer assignments of varying difficulties both on and off the ship. For the most part, your crew preforms these tasks admirably without your input. But what happens when an assignment goes wrong and you must take personal action to aid/help your duty officers?

*Imposter*
Your ship has been called to a research outpost, where a group of scientists are observing a pre-warp culture in strict adherence to the Prime Directive. The lead scientists show you surveillance footage of an exact duplicate of yourself living amongst the populace. Is this an Undine plot, temporal event, dimensional hiccup, or the weirdest coincidence in history? How do you get to the bottom of this without violating Starfleet General Order 1?

*Red Shirt Diaries*
On your way to the bridge one morning, you share the turbolift with a low ranking officer who works in the lower decks. You share a brief exchange as you exit the turbolift. Write a personal log from the perspective of officer, sharing their impressions of the Captain, the senior staff, and the ship they serve on.

*Legacy*
As your ship prepares for war, a fresh batch of cadets has come aboard, including a descendant of a legendary Starfleet/KDF officer. On their first day, they track you down in a corridor to talk. Are they an entitled punk sheltered by their family name? or a noble cadet determined to make their own name in the Galaxy? How does your Captain deal with this new officer? Are they a kindred spirit, or do they need a swift introduction to the real world?

This one might be too ‘canon-busting’ to be useful, but I’ve been watching old eps lately, and have been wondering where these worlds ended up.

*Epilogue*
Throughout its history, Starfleet has visited thousands of worlds, and while some become Federation members or resource worlds, others seem to slip through the cracks. With the Undine influence creeping through the quadrant, command has ordered you to visit a planet first explored by your favourite Starfleet crew. What has happened since their visit, and how do they fit into the Galaxy now?

For example:
Did anyone ever settle on Archer's Planet?
What happened to the androids of Mudd's planet?
Are the people of Malcor III finally ready for first contact?
Career Officer
# 83
04-29-2014, 10:44 AM
In preparation for the upcoming Event;

"Downtime" (no, not that sort of Downtime )

After several weeks/months/years (?) in space/on assignment, you and your crew have found time for some well-earned shore leave. But as you try to relax on your chosen planet or with your favorite holodeck program, you notice something is amiss, and perhaps your vacation will have to wait.

Pretty much inspired by any of the episodes on Risa, and "A Fistfull Of Datas".
Iconian? A label created by the Dewans to give voice to their destruction.
In the end, what they chose to call us is irrelevant.
We simply... are.

Lt. Commander
# 84
05-02-2014, 11:22 PM
o I know this is cheap of me, but I reallllllllly don't want to sift through all 26 pages to see if my idea has already been posted, I got it from watching the TNG Episode 'The Last Outpost', so here it goes:

Portal 63:

"I shall sleep, until needed again..." With these words, Portal 63, the last of the Tkon guardians, let the Enterprise-D go, and was recorded in the history books for future generations o learn of the long extinct, enigmatic Tkon, who lived long before even the Iconians were around. Now the Federation Science Council, now jointly working with it's respective Romulan and Klingon Counterparts has tasked your ship with revisiting Delphi Ardu IV, in hopes of getting valuable galactic, historical data, possibly about other outposts, that might aide in the cold war between the Alliance and the Iconian Empire. Perhaps your captain found some interesting tidbit of history, or maybe you were hindered by Iconian Servitors before you could find crucial information. Write what your captain found when talking to Portal 63, or what kept you from reaching the planet, and hindered your research.

There, rewatched The last outpost, and had to get this one out.
Survivor of Romulus
# 85
05-04-2014, 01:45 PM
"The Magnificent [Insert_number_here]":

While on a mission to check out a Romulan colony in disputed space, you and your crew have to help the colonists (who are most insistent about not wanting to move) protect themselves from savage pirates, Orion slavers, Tal Shiar goons, and nasty wildlife. Due to the current galactic situation, backup is not forthcoming for any convenient amount of time.

How do you get out of this mess?
Founder and Grand Vizier of the Sovereign Ba'al joke. Hail Ba'al! Our theme song
My official eternal issue: Why no muscle definition slider? Let's have some equal-opportunity sexiness, Cryptic!
PWE: NO to mandatory ARC! At least make it optional!
Lt. Commander
# 86
05-07-2014, 03:59 PM
Was watching "The Motion Picture" last night, because, sadly, I've never watched it before, and decided to create this LC:

Life In Motion:

Life goes on and is ever changing and adapting. Because of you many deeds in behalf of your Governement (Fed/KDF/Rom), the Q have selected your ship to be the protector of a new life form, while it has it's mortal body, and is in transition to become the next galactic entity. How did it go, was the entity protected, or did some other force interfere. Was the entity really one of your newer crewman before they were revealed to be in hiding, or did they even know they would metamorphosis into this new being? Write your captains experience on the discovery of this newest life form!
Captain
# 87
05-11-2014, 11:18 AM
I just bought myself an Odyssey Operations starship. I replaced my Noble class that I have been using for three episode arcs, including the recent season opener. It made me think about all the great starships that have been replaced at one time or another, like the Enterprise D or the original Defiant. So, it inspired this LC.

"One Fine Vessel"

"She's been with you since the beginning. She's been tuned up, modified, upgraded and even had major work done all over her body. She's been your friend for years. She is your starship. Your home. Your weapon. Your best friend.

And now she's gone.

Whether blown apart by Tal Shiar operatives, ripped to shreds by Undine planet killers or even sacrificing herself to stop an Iconian invasion force, your starship is now completely destroyed. As such, your faction has agreed to give you a new one. As you begin shopping for new items to put in your new ready room, you can't help but reminisce about the old ship. Your first day as her captain. The tough scraps. The near deaths. The new discoveries. Write a log about a memorable moment with that ship. Write about her final hours. Write about the new ship and how it feels to be given a whole new vessel."

Captain
# 88
06-03-2014, 03:21 PM
In addition to the standing proposal I and a few others in this thread have supported, for a Kobayashi Maru-themed challenge, here is another possibility.

"The Lives of...[Insert Name Here]"

You have been called to conduct your zhian'tara or participate in the zhian'tara of a crew member, family member, or friend from your past. Who will be accompanying you on this journey? Who will embody each host? What are their personalities like and their pasts? How have their successes and their struggles shaped the person you are, or that you know, today?

I think this challenge offers a lot of latitude since it can be a player captain or BOFF, or someone of their close acquaintance. There should also be plenty of ways to approach this prompt and structure the story, multiple emphases available. If you like this idea, please speak up to show your support!

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM me for more. :-)

Sig by gulberat. Avatar credit to balsavor.deviantart.com

Last edited by gulberat; 06-17-2014 at 10:41 PM.
Captain
# 89
06-04-2014, 06:52 PM
"The Nemesis"

"Kirk. Khan. Janeway. The Borg Queen. Sisko. Dukat.

In the course of a person's lifetime, many people enter their live. The wife you love. The brothers you care for. The friends you cherish. But sometimes, you meet an individual. This individual who, at first fight with you, dislikes you. That disdain soon turns to hatred as you clash the second time. The hatred becomes loathing the third time around. After the fourth encounter, this individual wants nothing more than your destruction. They want to destroy your sanity. They want to break your body. They want to annihilate your very honor and duty and innocence. They kidnap your loved ones and torture them simply because they know you will come rescue them. They obliterate worlds because the inhabitants have helped you in the past. They destroy your ship because they want you to suffer as they have suffered. They are your nemesis and they are out for you. Write a log about your captain's nemesis. How did this all start? What deplorable actions have they done to you and your crew? How far would your captain go to end this once and for all? Remember: A nemesis does not have to kill you in order to break you."

Survivor of Romulus
# 90
06-04-2014, 07:03 PM
"Memory Mystery":

Your away team beams up from a relatively relaxing mission investigating a new archaeological site with a fascinating alien artifact in a bag. Everything seems normal at first, but then the inconsistencies start to crop up...

Maybe your executive assistant has a hairdo that xe previously could not stand. Maybe the ship's semi-official chef can actually cook now, instead of just burning salads. You and your companions from the trip to the planet begin to get suspicious as the memory errors rack up. Maybe a high-ranking Admiral is a different gender. An old enemy is in a position of power, or a deceased friend is still alive. Something is seriously wrong, and you don't know who you can trust.

What happened, why are your memories inconsistent with "reality", and how do you fix this mess?
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadowdark View Post
"The Nemesis"

"Kirk. Khan. Janeway. The Borg Queen. Sisko. Dukat.

In the course of a person's lifetime, many people enter their live. The wife you love. The brothers you care for. The friends you cherish. But sometimes, you meet an individual. This individual who, at first fight with you, dislikes you. That disdain soon turns to hatred as you clash the second time. The hatred becomes loathing the third time around. After the fourth encounter, this individual wants nothing more than your destruction. They want to destroy your sanity. They want to break your body. They want to annihilate your very honor and duty and innocence. They kidnap your loved ones and torture them simply because they know you will come rescue them. They obliterate worlds because the inhabitants have helped you in the past. They destroy your ship because they want you to suffer as they have suffered. They are your nemesis and they are out for you. Write a log about your captain's nemesis. How did this all start? What deplorable actions have they done to you and your crew? How far would your captain go to end this once and for all? Remember: A nemesis does not have to kill you in order to break you."
Yyyyyyyyyeah, I'm not going to do that one.

With D'trel it'd get waaaaaaaay too grimdark horror way too fast.

And Three doesn't bother with letting enemies develop into nemeses. She just guts 'em first chance she gets.
Founder and Grand Vizier of the Sovereign Ba'al joke. Hail Ba'al! Our theme song
My official eternal issue: Why no muscle definition slider? Let's have some equal-opportunity sexiness, Cryptic!
PWE: NO to mandatory ARC! At least make it optional!

Last edited by worffan101; 06-04-2014 at 07:08 PM.