Career Officer
# 1 Colonization clone DOFFs
04-18-2014, 04:10 PM
I was just wondering if you guys are ever going to go back and fix the DOFFs for the colonization chains that you guys just cloned. I'm talking about the DOFFs awarded for completing the Khazan Cluster, Afehirr Nebula, Rolor, Betreka, Zenas, and B'Tran. The other systems all reward a similar DOFF, but with a different portrait at least. These systems appear to have been lazily done and just give you two of the exact same doff. Same stats, portraits, everything. It's a small thing, but it's a lazy thing. There are thousands of premade portraits for doffs, just pick a different one for each and assign it.
Rihannsu
# 2
04-18-2014, 08:49 PM
As a counterpoint.... I'm pretty sure all Breen Doffs look the same. And they only made one Borg Caitian doff pic. I can kinda agree with the Vorta and Jem'Hadar, but there's not many pics for them either. More than one, but not a lot.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 3
04-29-2014, 04:23 PM
Just want to bring this up again, any chance of having the old colony doffs getting a facelift?
Captain
# 4
04-29-2014, 07:37 PM
There's nothing wrong with the way it is now. I like having a nice wall of interchangeable doffs I can use. Special snowflakedom annoys me.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
05-07-2014, 08:09 AM
I finished the chains for the B'Tran Cluster and Rolor Nebula and never got a special DOff. Do I need to keep going back and checking for a new mission? I have checked back a few times and haven't seen anything.
Captain
# 6
05-07-2014, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamiyama317 View Post
I finished the chains for the B'Tran Cluster and Rolor Nebula and never got a special DOff. Do I need to keep going back and checking for a new mission? I have checked back a few times and haven't seen anything.
When you complete the chain, the last mission is the 'Renown' mission, which rewards a blue doff. It also unlocks a repeatable mission, "Support Colonisation Efforts in (insert sector name here)". This mission is the one you want to grind for the doffs, which only drop on a critical success. (standard success does reward with a refugee doff)

The Support missions are rare, so you'll have to check back in that sector often. Be sure and check for it under your Operations department head, and not just in the 'current map' available missions.
Captain
# 7
05-08-2014, 02:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalsovereign View Post
The Support missions are rare, so you'll have to check back in that sector often. Be sure and check for it under your Operations department head, and not just in the 'current map' available missions.
On top of the B'Tran has two levels of entry normal and VA. If it doesn't show in one leave and go into the other, as they are treated separately for DOFF assignments and you could find it that way.
Captain
# 8
05-08-2014, 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by decronia View Post
On top of the B'Tran has two levels of entry normal and VA. If it doesn't show in one leave and go into the other, as they are treated separately for DOFF assignments and you could find it that way.
And if that doesn't work, go do something else and come back in four hours.
Vadm. Kanril Eleya, U.S.S. Andraste, Strike Team Alpha

Useful Links for Foundry Writers | "Bait and Switch" -- Fed Foundry project, Part 1 rewards-qualified!
Say no to Arc! STO standalone installer