Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - Bug Reports
Login

Commander
# 21
02-07-2014, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealmt View Post
Besides what are we really talking about guys, practically 2% CritH and 10% Sev extra in the best circumstance. lol BOnus defense also increased more then accuracy did overall, especially with all the boffs.
This depends on what gear you're using. If you use accx3 weapons, accurate trait, nukara particle converter. starship targeting systems at 99. Deonos console for 30 into targeting and 3 stack of inspirational leader for another 30 in targeting. This is then 159 targeting systems for. So acc is then 30+10+10+24=74 if targets def is -15 you're at a positive diff of 89. So 2-(1/(1+89))=147.09%.

(147.09%-1)*.125=5.89% additional crit hit
(147.09%-1)*.5=23.54% additional crit severity

You then have consumables which increase acc and also other gear that increases starship targeting systems. So you could exceed 6% crit chance and 24% crit severity.

Low end to me would be accurate trait and 99 points into starship targeting systems for 25 acc. No consoles or gear to increase acc or targeting systems. No inspirational leader. No acc on weapons. Just the 1 trait and targeting skill maxxed. with target def at -15 this is a positive difference of 40. So 2-(1/(1+40))=128.57%.

(128.57%-1)*.125=3.57% additional crit hit
(128.57%-1)*.5=14.29% additional crit severity

So as you can see this isn't really something minor here and should not be discounted.
Career Officer
# 22
02-13-2014, 02:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adjudicatorhawk View Post
Yes, we're looking into it. Accuracy Overflow won't currently work for any power that "ignores accuracy" - powers that have any autohit stage.

Acc Overflow is a really arcane mechanic that doesn't message well at all. Fixing it will be a widespread change to the mechanic as a whole, not just a change to a flag on Fire at Will. It will take a little while, but it's in the pipeline to be adjusted to work.
Seeing how you guys are aware of the issue, perhaps it could be added to the known issues list?
Lost and Delirious... and Disenchanted too
Apparently some forum posters have diplomatic immunity nowadays, where can I get mine?
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
Expressing my opinion isn't trolling but nice try. Besides, if I was you wouldn't know it ;P
Career Officer
# 23
02-13-2014, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr4v1t4r View Post
Seeing how you guys are aware of the issue, perhaps it could be added to the known issues list?
That's a great idea. That gives people the opportunity to complain about another "Known Issue" besides that KDF costume slot bug everytime a new patch hits Tribble.
Only Internet users deal in absolutes !
Captain
# 24
02-17-2014, 03:33 AM
Quote:
If they did it for every known issue we have, the known issue part would be longer than the patch note itself. And most of them would stay there for months, even years.

Captain
# 25
02-17-2014, 11:03 AM
Quote:
I think it is something worth just putting as a general thing or at least clarifying in the patch notes that an immanent change means no fix is coming.
------
It is through repetition that we learn our weakness.
A master with a stone is better than a novice with a sword.

Has damage got out of control?
This is the last thing I will post.
Career Officer
# 26
03-01-2014, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonsbite View Post
Hm, I didn't know there were any powers that ignored accuracy, except perhaps dots. Which means quite a few sci abilities and a couple eng abilities. I guess this would include weapon dots as well. And while what you say may be true this is not what I was testing. Maybe i'm just misunderstanding exactly what you mean here.

Autoattack is working perfectly for acc overflow btw. While there may be a long thread on the subject in the builds/powers/etc forum, there isn't an issue with it that I could find during autofiring.
Auto-firing != "powers that have any autohit stage." Torpedo Spread has such an auto-hit stage, in that it's determined, upfront, what the hit/miss ratio will be (in this case, 100% hit).

Quote:
So if it's working fine for autofiring I don't see why it can't work fine for fire at will.
Because BFAW also has an auto-hit stage. Auto-firing a just a gimmick to auto-cycle your weps, and auto-select a target for you. After that, an auto-firing weapon behaves no different from firing a wep manually, subject to Acc (and Overflow). I can see how auto-firing thus may *look* like also having an auto-hit stage; but I think the dev was clearly referring to auto-hit abilities (like BFAW/TS), that come with a predetermined hit/miss ratio, before any target has even been selected.
Commander
# 27
03-02-2014, 07:27 PM
I understand that. But after the auto-hit stage there's a stage that either hits or misses the target. If it hits it does X damage. If it misses it does 0 damage. When it hits the damage is based on weapon power level, etc etc. When it crits it also factors in crit severity, etc. All of that works. Why acc overflow does not work during that stage is what puzzles me. It's like part of the equation is missing. Now if FAW never missed after the auto-hit stage that would be a different story and i could well understand why acc overflow did not work.

Last edited by dragonsbite; 03-02-2014 at 07:30 PM.
Captain
# 28
03-03-2014, 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonsbite View Post
Why acc overflow does not work during that stage is what puzzles me. It's like part of the equation is missing. Now if FAW never missed after the auto-hit stage that would be a different story and i could well understand why acc overflow did not work.
It's probably due to how Accuracy Overflow is programmed. They've said in the past that the implementation of the overflow needs to be looked at before accuracy overflow does anything with FAW.
Commander
# 29
05-08-2014, 07:22 AM
Sorry for the necropost but i have heard rumours that the accuracy overflow bug has been fixed ... what do you guys know about that?
" Primum vivere, deinde DPS " - STO Arthas - U.S.S. Messapia
My wiener is OP, plz nerf
Not sure if Star Trek Online or Star Bug Online
Captain
# 30
05-08-2014, 08:33 PM
Nothing's changed. Still Working As Intended.