Captain
# 131
05-09-2014, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrscarlet View Post
So ... it's finished? I ask because I print out stories to read away from the PC, so I skip entries I know are incomplete ... to save ink,paper and time.
do u ever read off tablet? i've been doing a lot of reading off my nexus 7 lately..... would be cool to convert these stories to epub
Captain
# 132
05-09-2014, 02:54 PM
I tried that a few times, but I have a Nook Color and the white-on-black is not helpful to me. Having epub versions would be better
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene
Starfleet Veteran
# 133
05-09-2014, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrscarlet View Post
So ... it's finished? I ask because I print out stories to read away from the PC, so I skip entries I know are incomplete ... to save ink,paper and time.
Yep, but you'll need to print both posts.
My Fan Fictions

"Logic and War are old enemies"

Vice Admiral Soval - Commanding Officer, U.S.S. Bunker Hill
Career Officer
# 134
05-11-2014, 01:03 AM
Fitting this story in with the LC topic is a bit of a stretch, but the basis is an anomaly that causes a nightmare, so I think it works. My last (non-LC) story, Fait Accompli, precedes this story, so it might help you understand the context of a few things; but nothing critical...

Feedback is appreciated!
Vice Admiral Aznia Deet, Federation Ambassador, U.S.S. Federalist
Commander
# 135
05-11-2014, 07:06 PM
Got my entry up.

With luck, I didn't step over any boundaries with this one and give someone -actual- nightmares. That's always the problem with a subject like this one...how far can you go into a nightmare without it becoming...well, a nightmare for the reader too?

Think I kept things short enough to avoid that
"I am your leader, I am in command. The fate of all my followers lies in my hands. The burden of what is right or wrong, decisions have to be made. I have to take you all into this burning Gate." - Iron Savior, 'Never Say Die'.
Survivor of Romulus
# 136
05-11-2014, 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azniadeet View Post
Fitting this story in with the LC topic is a bit of a stretch, but the basis is an anomaly that causes a nightmare, so I think it works. My last (non-LC) story, Fait Accompli, precedes this story, so it might help you understand the context of a few things; but nothing critical...

Feedback is appreciated!
A fun read. Dark, gritty, interesting take on the prompt.

Not my usual fare, but good.
Founder and Grand Vizier of the Sovereign Ba'al joke. Hail Ba'al!
My official eternal issue: Why no muscle definition slider? Let's have some equal-opportunity sexiness, Cryptic!
PWE: NO to mandatory ARC! At least make it optional!
Survivor of Romulus
# 137
05-11-2014, 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by danqueller View Post
Got my entry up.

With luck, I didn't step over any boundaries with this one and give someone -actual- nightmares. That's always the problem with a subject like this one...how far can you go into a nightmare without it becoming...well, a nightmare for the reader too?

Think I kept things short enough to avoid that
Nah, this is fine. Nice short entry, a good ending to this LC.

Next one should be up tomorrow, can't wait to see what Smirk comes up with.
Founder and Grand Vizier of the Sovereign Ba'al joke. Hail Ba'al!
My official eternal issue: Why no muscle definition slider? Let's have some equal-opportunity sexiness, Cryptic!
PWE: NO to mandatory ARC! At least make it optional!
Captain
# 138
05-11-2014, 08:48 PM
Hope she doesn't close it right away. I've got one about 2/3 finished.
Vadm. Kanril Eleya, U.S.S. Andraste, Strike Team Alpha

Useful Links for Foundry Writers | "Bait and Switch" -- Fed Foundry project, Part 1 rewards-qualified!
Say no to Arc! STO standalone installer
Captain
# 139
05-12-2014, 02:55 AM
The threads stay open so you can still post entries after the next one is up.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
Captain
# 140
05-12-2014, 03:07 AM
Finished. Geh, probably shouldn't have stayed up so late for this but I was feeling inspired.
Vadm. Kanril Eleya, U.S.S. Andraste, Strike Team Alpha

Useful Links for Foundry Writers | "Bait and Switch" -- Fed Foundry project, Part 1 rewards-qualified!
Say no to Arc! STO standalone installer