Lt. Commander
# 11
01-26-2010, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsiAramis23
Does this: "Pre-order customers receive a registration card (or email) calling out the offer and delivering a UNIQUE code which will flag their account to receive all pre-order content. All bonus items and perks are non-transferable, non-tradable, and non-saleable items." indicate that you will receive all the bonuses they gave out for all the other companies (Best Buy's Tribble/Targ, Gamestop's Constitution Class ship, ect) or just the Syfy bonuses they list?
It sodding well BETTER only be referring to the SyFy bonuses (I notice that particular paragraph, while present on the SyFy bundle, does not appear on the standard Atari version or their Deluxe Digital Edition). Folks like me, who have already committed to preordering multiple versions (me = Gamestop + Deluxe Digital Edition for Connie-class + TOS uniforms), would be a tad put out if Cryptic did a last-minute release of a version containing all those split-up preorder bonuses for only 50 bucks.

--Chris
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-26-2010, 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash_no_Chris View Post
It sodding well BETTER only be referring to the SyFy bonuses (I notice that particular paragraph, while present on the SyFy bundle, does not appear on the standard Atari version or their Deluxe Digital Edition). Folks like me, who have already committed to preordering multiple versions (me = Gamestop + Deluxe Digital Edition for Connie-class + TOS uniforms), would be a tad put out if Cryptic did a last-minute release of a version containing all those split-up preorder bonuses for only 50 bucks.

--Chris
Oh I agree especially since you can't cancel previous orders due to the Beta codes
Lt. Commander
Now with this new bundle so late in the game do those who already pre-ordered get any benefits...
I first I thought that the Tribble would be a rare item come to find out it doesn’t look like it will be.
What else are they going to do give life time subscription members a monthly due that they have to pay for? Cyptic Why can’t you get together?
You offer special items that affect 0.05% of your gamers “TYPE 8 SHUTTLE”good job on that one too by the way. Give us a break already.
Will every one get a tier 3 ship just for buying a game after the pre-orders
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-26-2010, 05:47 PM
Neodymium deflector dish? Bah.

Now, if it was Dysprosium, that'd be hilarious.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-26-2010, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash_no_Chris View Post

--Chris

Yeah, I'm pretty sure their statement there is legalese shorthand for 'all pre-order content listed on this page'.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-26-2010, 05:50 PM
It feels a little ironic that syfy is offering a Star Trek game pre-order after the statement they made about sci-fi being too geeky for them:

"The name Sci Fi has been associated with geeks and dysfunctional, antisocial boys in their basements with video games and stuff like that, as opposed to the general public and the female audience in particular.” - Tim Brooks (Who helped launch the Sci-Fi Channel originally.)

http://www.denofgeek.com/television/...omes_syfy.html

Honestly, sci-fi/syfy lost my viewership a long long time ago, but their statements pretty much burned the bridge for me. If anyone here is a self-respecting science fiction fan, I would hope they would not patronise anything done by syfy.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-26-2010, 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by visix6 View Post
Yeah, I'm pretty sure their statement there is legalese shorthand for 'all pre-order content listed on this page'.
That's what I think and I hope we're right, I just wish we could get an official answer on that one
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-26-2010, 06:04 PM
Actually, the 'Official' Answer is on the Star Trek Online Preorder Retaiers page...

http://www.startrekonline.com/retail
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-26-2010, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelSilhouette View Post
It feels a little ironic that syfy is offering a Star Trek game pre-order after the statement they made about sci-fi being too geeky for them:

"The name Sci Fi has been associated with geeks and dysfunctional, antisocial boys in their basements with video games and stuff like that, as opposed to the general public and the female audience in particular.” - Tim Brooks (Who helped launch the Sci-Fi Channel originally.)

http://www.denofgeek.com/television/...omes_syfy.html

Honestly, sci-fi/syfy lost my viewership a long long time ago, but their statements pretty much burned the bridge for me. If anyone here is a self-respecting science fiction fan, I would hope they would not patronise anything done by syfy.
ROFL, I was wondering why they made that silly change... Great, way to both alienate your fanbase AND look even sillier to the general population. Is a lobotomy required to get a management position in the entertainment industry?
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-26-2010, 07:24 PM
I bought Star Trek Online from GameTap yesterday. It cost the same price as this package that you just announced, and came with less stuff.

Thanks Cryptic! This really makes me feel great about giving you my money.