Ensign
# 41
05-07-2014, 10:20 PM
It seems to be the 'Visual FX quality' setting. I set it to low, and this problem dissapeared. I'm guessing that cryptic tried to improve the visuals for weapons, and somehow broke them instead.

The difference between low and high seemed extremely minor to me, so even if this is not the best solution, at least it makes the game playable again.
Captain
# 42
05-08-2014, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfforumnamesuck View Post
It seems to be the 'Visual FX quality' setting. I set it to low, and this problem dissapeared. I'm guessing that cryptic tried to improve the visuals for weapons, and somehow broke them instead.

The difference between low and high seemed extremely minor to me, so even if this is not the best solution, at least it makes the game playable again.
Of course that fixes it. The lower the quality, the lower are the requirements for the engine. But thats not the point, i dont want to see my torps with a crappy quality. Just one fuzzy light in the space.. At least for me, god what is the point to play a game 4 years old if i cant enjoy it using maximum quality settings. its ridiculous. WE should be able to use max quality settings, thats all. The two only things you see in space with you are fighting are your own ships and the weapons. Two essential things. I dont want to forget about one of em. The feelling will be not the same, not by far.
Ensign
# 43
05-12-2014, 03:21 AM
Still having this issue. Still waiting on official notice that they acknowledge that it's even happening. Getting disappointed.
Lt. Commander
# 44
05-12-2014, 03:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfforumnamesuck View Post
But thats not a solution for all weapon types. Voth cannons have no visuals at low settings since they were released. I gave it up, hoping for a fix for them... instead I hope we will get a fix for that new bug here...
Captain
# 45
05-12-2014, 04:57 AM
How can you blame the Game Engine? I'm sure it works fine if you're plugged directly into the server, like the Devs are.

Just think of the amount of data being sent over the net from, let's say, the Undine BZ. Over how many hops there and back total? Aren't you going to lose some packets along the way? We're talking about A LOT of data per second, a different DPS indeed.

Either way it's bad designing and ultimate fail once overload is reached. The Devs think fun is mobs, mobs and more mobs and it's simply ruining the game.
Captain
# 46
05-12-2014, 05:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by philosophere View Post
Just noticed something... may be nothing... just throwing this out there.

While in orbit of ESD, noticed that my deflector animation disappears when facing it (ESD). As soon as I move ESD out of my camera view, the effect returns. This kinda reminded me of a layer being hidden, where my ship effect layer was hidden by the ESD layer.

Could this in anyway be in the slightest, similar to the problem with invisible weapons?
---------------------

There is a layer bug

before season 7 you could target as sphere with your mouse in front of a gate or cube

now if a gate is behind your target you cannot target sphere with your mouse pointer until you move the camars angle showing no target behind your desired target

This is a differnt bug i believe
Jellico....Engineer.....Stargazer KDF Tac
Saphire.. Science.....Ko'el Rom Kdf Tac
Leva........Tactical.....Mailu KDF Sci

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
Captain
# 47
05-12-2014, 05:17 AM
the problem is too many seperate avatars on the screen at one time in your visble area...and these avatars/ships are using beams torps ect .....adding more resource drain

Season 9 made this much worse...someting that was changed made this much worse
So the problem is in the season 9 graphics upgrade imo
Jellico....Engineer.....Stargazer KDF Tac
Saphire.. Science.....Ko'el Rom Kdf Tac
Leva........Tactical.....Mailu KDF Sci

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
Career Officer
# 48
05-12-2014, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellico1 View Post
---------------------

There is a layer bug

before season 7 you could target as sphere with your mouse in front of a gate or cube

now if a gate is behind your target you cannot target sphere with your mouse pointer until you move the camars angle showing no target behind your desired target

This is a differnt bug i believe
Yes, I've had the same problem with the gate/sphere targeting. Hope this and the hidden effects issues get solved. I have had to downgrade my graphics settings, and still in some instances am losing weapons/shield strength halo/etc.

My deflector animation is working again.... don't ask me how I fixed it. Been changing so many settings since S9, can't remember where they started....
I used to have f/x, till my video card took a S9 to the knee...
Captain
# 49
05-12-2014, 02:01 PM
If you lower visual f/x, then you'll probably lose engine trails on top of overall visual quality.
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene
Starfleet Veteran
# 50
05-15-2014, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellico1 View Post
Season 9 made this much worse...someting that was changed made this much worse
So the problem is in the season 9 graphics upgrade imo
this needs to be fixed as i cant even see my ships weapons fireing now, and its hard to tell if im attacking something or if im just sitting there trying to heal my self from the enemies attacks

^^ and this ^^^^^ is WHY I LOVE GROUND MUCH MORE!
<a href=http://www.facebook.com/at.cakuzma target=_blank>Shai'la Thunderbird's Facebook Page</a>
Real Join Date: 2009
Shai'la Thunderbird's Facebook Page