Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Graphical and Sound Issues
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,049
# 221
05-09-2014, 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aureleus View Post
Tripple Buffering should actually help. Try changing that one and leave the rest as is and see how that go's. If it cause's any issues then just switch it back. This will also help determine or prove my point with your HD8670 being the weak link in the system. Also lowering the Visual FX setting should help.
Roger. Will do good buddy.
Yes I support This

"Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many they are few"
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 193
# 222
05-11-2014, 03:23 AM
I'm curious to know how messing with settings works for other people who perhaps have comparable systems to my own. I've spent a lot of time trying combinations to restore performance on Max, but alas no dice so far.

We still have faith in the devs to resolve the FPS problems, graphics issues in general so let us hope they are at least thinking about it, if not directly working on it.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 432
# 223
05-12-2014, 01:40 AM
So I decided to go into my motherboard bios and set the pcie latency from 64 to 128 since I am running a single gpu build and no other pcie devices atm.

Thus far my results are as follow:

Vicious Cycle (no sound): 30-40fps in combat full fx render
Vicious Cycle (Sound): 20-30fps in combat full fx render

CE: Both with and without sound the results are the same, when looking at the CE with everyone else firing and their fx going off I noticed that it did render mine at above 35fps and anything below that it would randomly decide to render mine and the others or not depending on where I looked.
Click to visit Subspace-Radio
Twitter | Blog | Original Join Date: Dec 2007 | Gaming Setup | Raptr Profile | Gamer DNA
The opinions expressed in my posts are my own views and do not reflect on any other entity(s) or person(s) I may or may not represent at the time.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 193
# 224
05-12-2014, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3xr34p3r View Post
So I decided to go into my motherboard bios and set the pcie latency from 64 to 128 since I am running a single gpu build and no other pcie devices atm.

Thus far my results are as follow:

Vicious Cycle (no sound): 30-40fps in combat full fx render
Vicious Cycle (Sound): 20-30fps in combat full fx render

CE: Both with and without sound the results are the same, when looking at the CE with everyone else firing and their fx going off I noticed that it did render mine at above 35fps and anything below that it would randomly decide to render mine and the others or not depending on where I looked.
I don't see how it should be expected that we'd need to even consider doing something like this to try and alleviate issues that have either arisen or has been the straw to break teh camel's back with S9.

If anything works for anybody, great, but this ultimately can only be something for Cryptic to address.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 432
# 225
05-12-2014, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussprometheus79 View Post
I don't see how it should be expected that we'd need to even consider doing something like this to try and alleviate issues that have either arisen or has been the straw to break teh camel's back with S9.

If anything works for anybody, great, but this ultimately can only be something for Cryptic to address.
I was curious to what my results would be and wanted to post them to see if they be any use for others since I never really played around with that particular bios setting.
Click to visit Subspace-Radio
Twitter | Blog | Original Join Date: Dec 2007 | Gaming Setup | Raptr Profile | Gamer DNA
The opinions expressed in my posts are my own views and do not reflect on any other entity(s) or person(s) I may or may not represent at the time.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 193
# 226
05-13-2014, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3xr34p3r View Post
I was curious to what my results would be and wanted to post them to see if they be any use for others since I never really played around with that particular bios setting.
Out of curiosity I went and had a go with this. Nothing, nada, zip, zero. Not surprised.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 432
# 227
05-13-2014, 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussprometheus79 View Post
Out of curiosity I went and had a go with this. Nothing, nada, zip, zero. Not surprised.
*shrugs* prob a placebo for me then.
Click to visit Subspace-Radio
Twitter | Blog | Original Join Date: Dec 2007 | Gaming Setup | Raptr Profile | Gamer DNA
The opinions expressed in my posts are my own views and do not reflect on any other entity(s) or person(s) I may or may not represent at the time.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 133
# 228
05-14-2014, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3xr34p3r View Post
*shrugs* prob a placebo for me then.
Most likely is, the main problem is with the engine its self. So really, no matter what kind of PC you have or beefed up it maybe the engine is just too poorly coded and unoptimized atm to really see any gains with tweaking anything.

Were just going to have to hope that cryptic gets off there arses and does something about it. Cause I don't like buying a new video card thinking I'd get better performance in all the games I do play and then after one update the one game I play the most now has the worst FPS issues, yet its one of my older games I play O.O.....that makes no sense what so ever on a performance standpoint....

You know something is Very Wrong when you can play BF4 on Ultra at 1080p minus AA and get better more consistent FPS then in a 4 year old MMO that's graphics are no where near what BF4 has...hell I get better FPS on Skyrim, and I have over 150 mods, most of which are cosmetic related :O.

So Ya erm Cryptic, you need to do something about this Graphics issue cause it is really starting to get on peoples Nerves. >.>
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 193
# 229
05-14-2014, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aureleus View Post
...
So Ya erm Cryptic, you need to do something about this Graphics issue cause it is really starting to get on peoples Nerves. >.>...
This I guess.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 193
# 230
05-14-2014, 05:40 PM
Well in terms of our problem we've been left out of patch notes and known issues again. Sighs.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:08 PM.