Originally Posted by Greyhawke View Post
I might have pre-ordered from sci-fi, but syfy will not get my money
Well said!
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-26-2010, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genosaurer View Post
I bought Star Trek Online from GameTap yesterday. It cost the same price as this package that you just announced, and came with less stuff.

Thanks Cryptic! This really makes me feel great about giving you my money.
There were lots and lots of retailers offering pre-orders... You had quite a choice as to whom you wanted to patronise as the majority had very very good offerings. Borg Bridge Officers, Constitution Class Starships, Special rifles and shields, etc.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-26-2010, 07:09 PM
Why would you preorder from syfy? The only thing they offer is a discount at their own store a defelctor dish that is useless and cryptic points? Are they serious? We don't even know ho wmuch 500 cryptic points are worth at this point and come to find out six months down the road 500 won't get you squat.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-26-2010, 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekhan
Our friends at the television network SyFy are offering a very special pre-order bundle. Check it out on their site or on our retail page.

Link to the news article.
How is this a SyFy offer when it just sends you to Atari.Com to order?
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-26-2010, 07:27 PM
The last day of open beta and three days before the game goes live hardly seems like a sufficient lead time.

On the other hand, the OC players who have to have it all will have another box to buy, and it's all money to Cryptic.

Man... I wish I had ordered from a different place, though...
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-26-2010, 07:36 PM
what do we do if we haven't gotten our pre order codes from gamestop? i just placed my order today - should i wait or be concerned?
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-26-2010, 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelSilhouette View Post
Quote:
I bought Star Trek Online from GameTap yesterday. It cost the same price as this package that you just announced, and came with less stuff.

Thanks Cryptic! This really makes me feel great about giving you my money.
There were lots and lots of retailers offering pre-orders... You had quite a choice as to whom you wanted to patronise as the majority had very very good offerings. Borg Bridge Officers, Constitution Class Starships, Special rifles and shields, etc.
I wanted the 500 Cryptic points, which is the bonus for a preorder placed with GameTap. None of the others looked terribly interesting to me. I'm just kind of peeved that this offer - which was not available when I made my purchase:

1) Comes with the same number of Cryptic points (500) as a preorder bonus
2) Comes with another exclusive item in addition to the above as a preorder bonus
3) Costs the same amount

I don't think I'm being unreasonable here.
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-26-2010, 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverrose1119 View Post
what do we do if we haven't gotten our pre order codes from gamestop? i just placed my order today - should i wait or be concerned?
If you were able to play in Open Beta and were handed a Postcard with a code from Gamestop that allowed you to play, then THAT is also your Pre-Order.

Retail Box codes are different.
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-26-2010, 08:03 PM
Quote:
I wanted the 500 Cryptic points, which is the bonus for a preorder placed with GameTap. None of the others looked terribly interesting to me. I'm just kind of peeved that this offer - which was not available when I made my purchase:

1) Comes with the same number of Cryptic points (500) as a preorder bonus
2) Comes with another exclusive item in addition to the above as a preorder bonus
3) Costs the same amount

I don't think I'm being unreasonable here.
Yeah, I agree... I ordered from Walmart thinking that I would get a 500 point increase on the skill point cap (and I may), but I am thinking now that I am just getting 500 points free, and will still cap at the same number everyone else caps at, meaning that my preorder really comes with... Nothing.
A 500 point cap increase isn't much, but it would be something. If it's just a bunch of free skill points, then I see it as pretty much worthless, and any other preorder deal would have been better.