Lt. Commander
# 31
01-26-2010, 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsiAramis23
Does this: "Pre-order customers receive a registration card (or email) calling out the offer and delivering a UNIQUE code which will flag their account to receive all pre-order content. All bonus items and perks are non-transferable, non-tradable, and non-saleable items." indicate that you will receive all the bonuses they gave out for all the other companies (Best Buy's Tribble/Targ, Gamestop's Constitution Class ship, ect) or just the Syfy bonuses they list?
ones on the list
tht's what i though!
Lt. Commander
# 32
01-26-2010, 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyhawke View Post
I might have pre-ordered from sci-fi, but syfy will not get my money
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold-Rush
Well said!
indeed & quite
Lt. Commander
# 33
01-26-2010, 10:27 PM
See, what really bothers me after buying three pre-orders (for STO alone) and lifetime subscription for both CO and STO is that I can't buy this as well. All I get is a "Not available on atari.com for your area." which is just utter crap. I mean, I could order from any other store, no matter where I live, but not Ataris own store.

I am disappointed and sad. I've thrown this much at Cryptic so far and I was willing to continue throwing money at them, but now they won't let me. I guess I'll compensate by just going crazy and buying everything from the C-Store like I did in CO.

Meh.
Lt. Commander
# 34
01-26-2010, 11:25 PM
Just to clarify

All the game packages are the same from all locations.. if you didn't research all the packages before making a decision, that is your fault, not Cryptics.

the packages offered are Regular Edition, Collectors Edition and Digital Deluxe Edition.

Regular Edition = no bonuses

Collectors Edition offers :

Deluxe Packaging: Futuristic 3dX holography set in a high quality brushed aluminum finish. Heavy duty construction with magnetic closures and nested compartments for all components.

Deluxe Manual: High end, hardbound, art book, manual, and disc case in a single, elegant package. “HD Printing” on over 40 glossy pages of exclusive art from the Star Trek Online Universe.

Communicator Badge: High quality cast metal design based on the in-game badge model. Fully 3d Sculpted with recessed burst and curved contours.

Guest Passes: Credit card style buddy passes to invite three of your friends for a ten day trial of Star Trek Online.

Red Matter Capacitor: A unique item that charges up and delivers extra energy to all of your ship’s equipment for a short time. A device that, when used, gives you a small bump in energy, has a long recharge.

Next Generation Uniform: Uniform Options from the Next Generation. The timeless look worn by Picard, Data and Riker.

“Deep Space Nine” Uniform: Uniform Options from the “Deep Space Nine” Series. Grey shoulders, on a black uniform, just like Sisko, Worf and Dax.

the Digital Deluxe Edition, which is Download only, offers :

Original Star Trek Uniform Set: Three uniforms from the original series (blue, red, yellow).

Exclusive “KHAAAN!” Emote: An unforgettable moment from the second Star Trek Film. This exclusive emote allows players to relive Kirk’s unforgettable moment of fury, with the timeless cry… “KHAAAN!”

Exclusive Klingon Blood Wine Toast Emote: Raise a glass like a Klingon! Greet other players with an exclusive Klingon gesture –the blood wine toast.

Unique Registry Prefix: Give your ship the coveted NX prefix, seen only on a handful of elite Starfleet vessels like the Defiant, 22nd century Enterprise, and Prometheus.4

Unique Ship Item: Automated Defense Battery. This Tactical Module grants any ship a passive 360 arc attack power with a short range.

Joined Trill Race - The ability to play as a “Joined Trill” – a symbiote that grants you several lifetimes of experience.

Now the Pre-Order Bonuses are different by Location

Gamestop offers the TOS Constitution Class Starship with blue Phasers

Atari offers 500 Cryptic Points

Amazon offers Liberated Borg Bridge Officer

Steam offers Chromodynamic Armor

Direct 2 Drive offers Multi-Spatial Personal Shield

Best Buy offers in-game "pet" for your character in the game. Play as the Klingons, and you'll get a Targ; play as the Federation, and you'll get a Tribble!

so the packages are all the same for everyone.. the only difference is the Pre-Order Bonus depending on location.

The only NEW package out now is the SCI-Fi offer through Atari

http://www.atari.com/games/startrek_online_syfy/

which is Regular Edition of the game + 1 Bonus Items .. there are no other extras in this bundle.

Neodymium Deflector Dish - An in-game item grants a bonus to Auxiliary power, boosts maneuverability, and increases the effectiveness of a ship's Science abilities.

That's It.. throw in the Sfi Fi Store Discount :

Syfy Store Discount - Purchasers of the Syfy bundle will receive 15% off their next purchase at the Syfy store!

and since it is Ordered Through Atari, you get the Atari Pre-Order Bonus as listed Above.

Please note that I am listing US bonuses and packages only.

Hope this helps.
Lt. Commander
# 35
01-26-2010, 11:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pestalence_XC View Post
Just to clarify

All the game packages are the same from all locations.. if you didn't research all the packages before making a decision, that is your fault, not Cryptics.

the packages offered are Regular Edition, Collectors Edition and Digital Deluxe Edition.
(the rest snipped)
Dude, your patience, persistence, and relentlessness makes me believe your Avatar picture is no accident.

Please don't kill me.
Lt. Commander
# 36
01-26-2010, 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pestalence_XC View Post

<snip>

The only NEW package out now is the SCI-Fi offer through Atari
Uh, yes. Hence my complaint, as I did do the research on all the packages, and then got screwed anyway because they put together another one after I'd already made my purchase.
Lt. Commander
# 37
01-27-2010, 12:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genosaurer View Post
I bought Star Trek Online from GameTap yesterday. It cost the same price as this package that you just announced, and came with less stuff.

Thanks Cryptic! This really makes me feel great about giving you my money.
Return it, Cancel it, Charge it back etc.,?
If they give you grief contact your C.C. company or bank, assuming you used a credit/debit card.

Then buy the one you want instead.
Some of these deals need to be approved by various legal departments/marketing and take time to negotiate. My guess is SyFy is looking at the hype for the game and decided they now want a piece of their previously devisive basement dweller fanbase's money. Jacakalope earlier hinted that the dish and shuttle craft were going to be available later. It was one of two items that were pulled for "really odd reasons" as he put it.
Check out post #23 regarding the Radiometric Converting Shields and Neodymium Deflector Dish.

I guess my questions are, are you ordering the game to play it? . . . or collect low level pre-order junk? If you're a junk collector, be angry. If you're a gamer then game.
Lt. Commander
# 38
01-27-2010, 12:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genosaurer View Post
Uh, yes. Hence my complaint, as I did do the research on all the packages, and then got screwed anyway because they put together another one after I'd already made my purchase.
So you don't want your original purchase + pre-order item, You want the Sci-Fi Regular edition of the game, with nothing extra except the special Mk II Starter deflector dish?

Or did you order the Collector's or Digital Download Edition? See my post above for what is included.

Also remember that all these items are NOT ewxclusive to the package deals.. they will be available in the Cryptic Store in a few weeks.

so I laugh at people who bought 5 copies of a game or complain about items in a game that you can buy with Cruptic Points later on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadera

Dude, your patience, persistence, and relentlessness makes me believe your Avatar picture is no accident.

Please don't kill me.
lol.. Not killing anyone except my enemies on screen.

Glad you like my avatar. I've been using this one for about 7 years now.. I created it myself.

Thanks again
Lt. Commander
# 39
01-27-2010, 04:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelSilhouette View Post
"The name Sci Fi has been associated with geeks and dysfunctional, antisocial boys in their basements with video games and stuff like that, as opposed to the general public and the female audience in particular.” - Tim Brooks (Who helped launch the Sci-Fi Channel originally.)

Thats for real?
as a non-geek (by geek standards) extreamly social female member of the general public, i find that extreamly insulting.

starting to bug me how companys think we are so fickle that a name change and some bright colours would make us suddenly like their products.
sigh
Lt. Commander
# 40
01-27-2010, 04:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithros
Yeah, I agree... I ordered from Walmart thinking that I would get a 500 point increase on the skill point cap (and I may), but I am thinking now that I am just getting 500 points free, and will still cap at the same number everyone else caps at, meaning that my preorder really comes with... Nothing.
A 500 point cap increase isn't much, but it would be something. If it's just a bunch of free skill points, then I see it as pretty much worthless, and any other preorder deal would have been better.
you do realize that a cryptic point is the C-Store money... its nothing at all to do with skills...?