Lt. Commander
# 41
01-27-2010, 06:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doh123 View Post
you do realize that a cryptic point is the C-Store money... its nothing at all to do with skills...?
Wal-Mart Pre-Order Bonus is 500 Starting SKILL points, not Cryptic Points. The Starting SKILL Points is to give you a small jump in leveling your character.

Cryptic Points is Atari Pre-Order Bonus.

Please read my post above or my post in color located

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...&postcount=652
Lt. Commander
# 42 ugh
01-27-2010, 08:59 AM
ok Im not surprised that they are going the traditional route of assanine pre-orders but now this just wreaks of cash cowing. I wonder seriously how much cbs/paramount structured these things to make them the most out of the liscencing agreement with cryptic. The have only ever really wanted to resurrect the liscence when they saw dollar signs and frankly this is strating to look just like this. Maybe it's fitting the roddenberrys are gone, cause I'd be a bit offended by this
Lt. Commander
# 43
01-27-2010, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genosaurer View Post
Uh, yes. Hence my complaint, as I did do the research on all the packages, and then got screwed anyway because they put together another one after I'd already made my purchase.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pestalence_XC View Post
So you don't want your original purchase + pre-order item, You want the Sci-Fi Regular edition of the game, with nothing extra except the special Mk II Starter deflector dish?

Or did you order the Collector's or Digital Download Edition? See my post above for what is included
No, Genosaurer wants the one that is CHEAPER to buy. I only think he mildly cares about any perk ("A perk is a perk" = "Hey, it's a Freebie!")
Lt. Commander
# 44 having problems ordering it
01-27-2010, 04:44 PM
Anyone else getting an error trying to purchace the syfy bundle? it keep erroring out on me when I go to pay for it.
Lt. Commander
# 45
01-27-2010, 05:23 PM
No. I was able to purchase the game pretty quickly. The server must have been busy.
Lt. Commander
# 46
01-27-2010, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelSilhouette View Post
It feels a little ironic that syfy is offering a Star Trek game pre-order after the statement they made about sci-fi being too geeky for them:

"The name Sci Fi has been associated with geeks and dysfunctional, antisocial boys in their basements with video games and stuff like that, as opposed to the general public and the female audience in particular. - Tim Brooks (Who helped launch the Sci-Fi Channel originally.)

http://www.denofgeek.com/television/...omes_syfy.html

Honestly, sci-fi/syfy lost my viewership a long long time ago, but their statements pretty much burned the bridge for me. If anyone here is a self-respecting science fiction fan, I would hope they would not patronise anything done by syfy.
i feel the same way about them...and would never buy anything from them i don't care what kind of deal they were offering.....syfy is the enemy of true SCI-FI....
Lt. Commander
# 47
01-27-2010, 05:28 PM
Well cr*p, can I cancel a pre-order somewhere else and pick a new one???
Lt. Commander
# 48
01-27-2010, 05:28 PM
Wow, what video is that from on the Syfy page? IS that what STO was suppose to be like? The captain on the bridge was cool..

Why is it that all the vids I see they show aspects of the game that DO NOT exist??? Not sure if this counts as false adverts or what but..
Lt. Commander
# 49
01-28-2010, 12:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pestalence_XC View Post
Also remember that all these items are NOT ewxclusive to the package deals.. they will be available in the Cryptic Store in a few weeks.

so I laugh at people who bought 5 copies of a game or complain about items in a game that you can buy with Cruptic Points later on.
Has there been any confirmation by the devs that the preorder exclusives will be available in a few weeks.?Although I guess that 104 weeks (2 years) is still a few weeks. AFAIK, all the Champions Online preorder bonuses are still not in the Cryptic Store. Chances are very good that the Cryptic Store will have its own uniforms and equipment you can buy, but not loot from preorder bonuses or anything from the DDE or CE for the next couple of years. If the preorders from Champions Online are not available through the Cryptic Store, then preorders from Star Trek Online will not be available through the Cryptic Store.
Lt. Commander
# 50
01-28-2010, 03:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
Has there been any confirmation by the devs that the preorder exclusives will be available in a few weeks.?Although I guess that 104 weeks (2 years) is still a few weeks. AFAIK, all the Champions Online preorder bonuses are still not in the Cryptic Store. Chances are very good that the Cryptic Store will have its own uniforms and equipment you can buy, but not loot from preorder bonuses or anything from the DDE or CE for the next couple of years. If the preorders from Champions Online are not available through the Cryptic Store, then preorders from Star Trek Online will not be available through the Cryptic Store.
To the best of my knowledge, the Devs have indicated that the Champions Online pre-order exclusives will remain just that: exclusive to pre-order customers. And, since CO's launch last September, a whole slew of other items have been made available in the C-Store. I've been assuming that Cryptic will handle STO's pre-order items and the STO portion of the C-Store in the same way. Personally, I certainly hope so. While the different pre-order bonuses for CO were nice, only one of 'em really sang to me, so fortunately I didn't have to pony up for multiple copies of CO. The not-sold-together-but-perfect-for-each-other Connie-class and the TOS uniforms, however, were too good to pass up. After plunking down $80 at Gamestop for the Collector's Edition and $60 at Atari for the Digital Deluxe Edition -- all so that my crew could look and travel like Kirk and The Gang -- I think I'd be a little miffed if my pre-order exclusives showed up in the C-Store later on. Given the micro-transaction content they've given us in CO (I've bought it all), I'm sure we'll have plenty of great stuff to spend our STO Cryptic Points on, even if the pre-order exclusives are never made available there.

--Chris