Lt. Commander
# 31
01-23-2010, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekhan
The folks at G4's X-Play took a look at Star Trek Online. Check out their video preview here.

Link to the news article.
A little slow are we. That is an old vid from a few weeks ago.
Lt. Commander
# 32
01-23-2010, 06:54 PM
You know on this site's main page there is the pictures going by and the one about Open Beta with the blond girl pointing. Is it a coincidence that looks like Morgan Webb when she had blond hair back on the old TechTV days when she used to appear on the ScreenSavers? Back then she couldn't play a game to save her life. She always got owned on the lan parties they had on random Fridays.

She's come a long way from getting ripped on games all the time though.
Lt. Commander
# 33
01-26-2010, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaedalEVE View Post
Smart-ass.
Here is a ground breaking idea for you then... how about someone actually finish something properly before they release it instead of just tossing some half-ass piece of crap out there that only ignorant fools would accept?
Would you drive a car who's wheels kept falling off, who brakes didn't work, and who's steering was completely unresponsive?
What would happen if you had a big presentation to do at work and instead of doing it right you just drew some crap on a cocktail napkin and told everyone to pass it around, promising to have the real presentation done at a later time?

This sort of crap doesn't fly in the real world, not when people who won't tolerate it have something to say on the subject. It's absolutely disgusting that you or anyone would actually attempt to defend work like this.
You and other people like you are simply ignorant and complacent. You've been brainwashed your entire life to just accept things for how they are.... to just "deal with it". Told that things simply are the way they are and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it.
Well I call BS on that!

Yeah you might think "it's just a game, get over it", but that's likely because you don't understand the full repercussions of taking such an attitude towards things. For example, I remember a time when games couldn't be updated, patched, or anything like that. They had to be FINISHED and work correctly... and if they didn't you got a refund. Yes, a time when you could take a computer or console game back to the store because it was crap!
But that changed over time to how things are now, where instead of expecting something to actually be completed, people instead end up paying full retail price AND a subscription fee to play the beta version of a game... and everyone just accepts it.
The real issue however (and what makes it a big deal) is that sort of thinking isn't only confined to the mmo gaming world. It leaks into every facet of society. Next thing you know you are giving up your rights and freedoms (as well as everyone elses) and letting other people dictate the status quo and tell you how to live your life. You end up as nothing more than human cattle.

You can let the farmer lead you around all you want. I won't.

And so you know, I'm not saying STO is crap, or that is sucks... because it doesn't. There is a lot of potential here, and the space combat is very entertaining. HOWEVER.... this game is nowhere near ready for an actual release. The development team may be working night and day trying to address all the bugs and instability issues, but there is no way that they will be able to address even half of these issues in the remaining time before retail release.
The thing isn't ready, and they KNOW it isn't ready. The only reason they are proceeding is because some greedy ******* out there is eager to start making back some of the money he spent developing this thing, and he can't be bothered to let the dev team have the time they need to do it right, and a big part of that has to do with the fact that so many people out there just accept that sort of thing without question.

You are being taken advantage of and don't even realize it. That is just sad.
Just curious have you ever launched an mmo before or taken part in the launch of one.. other than possibly being a beta test of course.. did you play many mmo's at launch are are you just undergoing massive nerd rage.. Can't wait til people who are not paying for the game are not allowed to post on these forums anymore..
Lt. Commander
# 34
01-26-2010, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontuAtma View Post
Yeah, i like how they convieniently forgot to mention that you can't create a Klingon until your Fed toon reaches Level 6, and then you'll pretty much be stuck to PvP the rest of the way.

Ahhh, marketing at its best...
I know, that part disappointments me, I wanted to play as Gorn, but I'm not going to be able to, cause I don't PvP.
Lt. Commander
# 35
01-28-2010, 09:28 AM
I love STO, it's so great, so it's buggy, oh well.
Lt. Commander
# 36
01-28-2010, 09:34 AM
Angst much?
Lt. Commander
# 37
01-28-2010, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goedeke_Messmer
Angst much?
Hardly. I just have zero tolerance for ignorant (uninformed/uneducated) hypocrites who talk sh*t.
Lt. Commander
# 38
01-28-2010, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashki
I know, that part disappointments me, I wanted to play as Gorn, but I'm not going to be able to, cause I don't PvP.
dito, was hopen the gorn wouldnt be pushovers to the klinks... ohwell
Lt. Commander
# 39
01-28-2010, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaedalEVE View Post
Hardly. I just have zero tolerance for ignorant (uninformed/uneducated) hypocrites who talk sh*t.
i love how you talk so much and i doubt you got anything to back it up lol and it really seems that you are the one talking from how im looking at it these poeple who spend their money to play are defending something they feel so awesome about and dont get my wrong i am not trying to be a hypocrites but dude the only person who talks "Sh*t" is you so please go play and leave !
Lt. Commander
# 40 Like Msr Ropers visit to them
01-28-2010, 01:49 PM
They only can present what comes to the show in any measure or depth. .so When an Early Beta version of
the other Cryptic product comes in w another exec they will look at it and want to get a hands on.

With a repartee establish back in the day and the Licence the IPS status based on its a peeked eyebrow..

Sess and Morg are TV presenters that game. They may wish they were in SF and not LA but they are the tv version of PC Gamer a media outlet with wide viewership and expect a certain difference be shown them. So they like Hot Top Ten's of the Decade type products to increase their market share.

You scratch each others back and remind casual gamers TRek is more then a re-write its a viable exciting place and more smiles get around outside of HC Con Trek crowds.. Release time isn't that far from Valentines day so market for the love of your trek.. ur.. Fan but no Tribble dusters from marketing plz.

At least you get a sort of Holiday release Window ... not the most opportune one.. like the CO release set for many as the evils of Return to school day.. the parents holiday celebration day...