Lt. Commander
# 1571
01-28-2010, 11:47 AM
Thats a good point but then again I think it would of said with some kind of popup or text.

I mean I got a away team weapon Mk IX from fighting the borg on Earthdock, but there was no message saying it was special after it dropped. I was Captain level then so I wouldn't use it.

I mean even if we get to keep something like that I can't use it until I get back to that level which will take plenty of time.
Lt. Commander
# 1572
01-28-2010, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkLJLewis View Post
Thats a good point but then again I think it would of said with some kind of popup or text.

I mean I got a away team weapon Mk IX from fighting the borg on Earthdock, but there was no message saying it was special after it dropped. I was Captain level then so I wouldn't use it.

I mean even if we get to keep something like that I can't use it until I get back to that level which will take plenty of time.
Announcement like you would expect dev/admin announcements for event details, or server shutdowns? Instead of them going into the spam filled zone chat?
Lt. Commander
# 1573
01-28-2010, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psihawk View Post
The fact that they had this event on last day of beta is giving me hope that many such events are in store for the STO future. It would be great to have devs and GM's who are active in the entire process.

I've been in and out of MMO's since UO beta and I'm sick of looking for the "perfect" game. There is no such thing as a perfect game. It is what we all make of it. I'm in STO for the long haul.
I agree. It's tough to find the perfect game, but events like the ending of the beta does make me a bit optimistic of the future to come.
Lt. Commander
# 1574
01-28-2010, 06:25 PM
They should give everyone who participated some special item not just the lucky few. Especially since Klingons had no hope of getting near the Borg. Not that all the blame can go for the feds when auto firing hits Klingons. Switching to my fed character I found my ship auto shooting the lone Klingon when I was moving to the Borg.
Lt. Commander
# 1575
01-28-2010, 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suiadan
They should give everyone who participated some special item not just the lucky few. Especially since Klingons had no hope of getting near the Borg. Not that all the blame can go for the feds when auto firing hits Klingons. Switching to my fed character I found my ship auto shooting the lone Klingon when I was moving to the Borg.
That wouldn't make it very "special" would it?
Lt. Commander
# 1576
01-30-2010, 03:07 PM
It would because only those who were in beta would get it. CO did it and everyone who got at least one shot on a Mega Destroid got a pet.
Lt. Commander
# 1577 hopeful
01-31-2010, 01:13 PM
i enjoyed the beta testing for cryptic and i am hopeful that i will be able to get a chance to beta test some more of their games. I think that STO was a rather well built game and well worth the time and effort. I am hopeful that the mass amount of people that will start playing this will enjoy the oportunity that will come with this game, to meet new people and have a whole new Star Trek experience.

yet again in conclusion thanks for the opportunity,

Katsu.