Empire Veteran
# 91
06-20-2014, 05:59 PM
Anyone else feeling this game is turning into a game for a tablet?

Not in the aspect of combat so much but in the doff interface and the crafting screams tablet game to me.

For example, you'll be able to use dilithium to buy the assignment your doff is on to finish right away instead of waiting for the allotted time given. How many tablet games have the option to either wait for whatever task your doing to finish or buy it to finish it right away to keep you in the action?

Well, I certainly don't play tablet games anymore, they're just bad, and this is too(from what I seen from pics and videos).
Captain
# 92
06-20-2014, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erei1 View Post
Lots of people have said whatever cryptic does to crafting, it could never be worse than what we had.

Cryptic thought it was a challenge.
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
Captain
# 93
06-20-2014, 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kavase View Post
Anyone else feeling this game is turning into a game for a tablet?

Not in the aspect of combat so much but in the doff interface and the crafting screams tablet game to me.

For example, you'll be able to use dilithium to buy the assignment your doff is on to finish right away instead of waiting for the allotted time given. How many tablet games have the option to either wait for whatever task your doing to finish or buy it to finish it right away to keep you in the action?

Well, I certainly don't play tablet games anymore, they're just bad, and this is too(from what I seen from pics and videos).
The poor GUI and dumbing down of content is a huge problem too.
Career Officer
# 94
06-20-2014, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
i drop out of my chair after i saw this good one you win forum post of the day
swimwear off risa not fixed
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by valoreah View Post
It's not their fault you feel trolled by the new ability to be immune to your disco ball, sorry'boutit.
Career Officer
# 95
06-20-2014, 06:12 PM
Dil costs better be negligible (should be zero, imo) on crafting random buffed stuff. I'm not going to waste my Dil on random crap when I can go to fleet store and get exactly what I'm paying for!

Hey Cryptic, for once can you try not to purposely screw up something? You've f'd up crafting last go around when trying to fix it, so can you please give me 1 God damn thing I can show my friends I'm trying to get to play STO that I DON'T HAVE TO MAKE EXCUSES FOR IT'S CRAPTASTICNESS?

How about just put it back to how it was at launch? That was loads better than this crappy Dil sink you've make it now with those laughable generic 'unreplicateable' parts!
Sometimes I think I play STO just to have stuff to rant about on the forums!

Empire Veteran
# 96
06-20-2014, 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daan2006 View Post
i drop out of my chair after i saw this good one you win forum post of the day
I couldn't agree more! Well done.

I think most of us may have learned our lesson to ask Cryptic to give us 'improvements' or 'fix' things for a bit....maybe.
Captain
# 97
06-20-2014, 06:56 PM
You know, I spent months devising a detailed system for crafting for them that I described briefly on these forums. It was deep, immersive, involving, useful and accessible. I'm not encouraged by what I'm seeing here.

This game as so very much potential, even now. WHY do they keep shooting themselves in the foot? I just can't fathom it.
Once, I was simply called Mojo. Now, I'm forced into a new name, but don't be fooled, I'm the original STO Mojo!

Crafting, Exploration and Interaction as it should be:
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh....php?t=1108521
Empire Veteran
# 98
06-20-2014, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Hmm, I might try and squeeze that into my signature if I can fit it. And if I don't, someone totally should, that's a quote worth keeping around for awhile.

Career Officer
# 99
06-20-2014, 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
Hmm, I might try and squeeze that into my signature if I can fit it. And if I don't, someone totally should, that's a quote worth keeping around for awhile.
i would like to add it to my sig as well post to dang good to let it fade into oblivion
swimwear off risa not fixed
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by valoreah View Post
It's not their fault you feel trolled by the new ability to be immune to your disco ball, sorry'boutit.
Commander
# 100
06-20-2014, 07:42 PM
wait... why were people expecting to get end game gear without paying dil? compared to rep and fleet it sounds rather cheap. I'll check it on on tribble after I get my peals for today, but it seem to me people are being rather unrealistic with their expectations again.

what do you think it's for, free zen?

it's better then lock boxs or hoping you get lucky on a drop. both of those are a gamble too.

granted I would prefer no cost and choose as I'm not getting fleet gear anytime soon.