Lt. Commander
# 21
01-29-2010, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KabaalGen
Name after the @ is your forum and global handle that is used in all cryptic games ie yours would be randomname@SanctaBellator
Ok so when I get in game there could theoretically be 100 Sancta's (which is not the name I want). I am not a MMORPG newb but the naming thing seems different.
I am getting excited now.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-29-2010, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goons101
my name was gonna be Cannabis but now that everyone can have that is a buzzkill
Dude, eets okays mon!
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-29-2010, 09:35 AM
my name was gonna be Cannabis but now that everyone can have that is a buzzkill
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-29-2010, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Zebular
Oh no, please do not! That was not my intent and I will be honest, I didn't know this either up until several days ago.

The @name is your unique identifier in the game. For example, mine is @Captain Zebular so every character I make will end in @Captain Zebular - this is to allow everyone to have the name they wish for their characters and still give a sense of security to know that you cannot be easily fooled by a player jumping characters for like scamming and abuse, and the like.
Oh ok, thanks. I think I get it now. Not crazy about having an @ after my name but lets get this thing going. boo yah.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-29-2010, 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanctaBellator
Oh ok, thanks. I think I get it now. Not crazy about having an @ after my name but lets get this thing going. boo yah.
No worries on that, you can choose to hide or display player's @names - just right click on the top chat bar (with the tabs) then go to the Options Tab there-in and check or uncheck the part to display player handles. This will hide or show other player's handles. Anyone set to show handles will still see your's and everyone elses.
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-29-2010, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanctaBellator
I just want to get the name I want.
well since you name will be charname@accountname it doesn't matter if you get a name first. We can both me Jim Kirk if we wanted..well if that name isn't locked out for other reasons.