Lt. Commander
# 21
01-29-2010, 01:07 PM
The idea of head start is exactly that you pay something a little extra to get into a live gaming environment before the general public. The sole reason for this is to level up before you have to deal with the 5 million others asking "where's Sulu...." My tolerence is very low at this point and Im considering the need for some compensation from Cryptic. I can not level my character which i paid for in advance becuase your system wont work. I see a case here does anyone else?
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-29-2010, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taran
The idea of head start is exactly that you pay something a little extra to get into a live gaming environment before the general public. The sole reason for this is to level up before you have to deal with the 5 million others asking "where's Sulu...." My tolerence is very low at this point and Im considering the need for some compensation from Cryptic. I can not level my character which i paid for in advance becuase your system wont work. I see a case here does anyone else?
Couldnīt agree more...
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-29-2010, 01:10 PM
Quote:
QFT. Totally agree.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-29-2010, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurangzeb
On some level, I guess I understand the unhappiness about the Liberated Borg...

But come on guys - if you're really lifers, three hours isn't going to make a difference.
I have to agree and I just plan to go through the tutorial. I want my preorder stuff before moving on.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-29-2010, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Agreed.

Why wasn't this tested before launch?
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-29-2010, 01:14 PM
I would almost feel bad if I didn't have to wait until Tuesday for my Joined Trill to become available. You have no sympathy from me unless it takes longer than Tuesday to get your Borg characters.

In the meantime level up another character and have fun until it's sorted out. That's what I'll be doing until Tuesday.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-29-2010, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lahuzer View Post
I really donīt wanna eat a chill pill right now. I wanna play my Borg. They should AT LEAST have this sh*t sorted for head start. Iīve looked forward for this for a long time, and donīt wanna miss out on what might be my first night in game. It just sux more then a vacuumcleaner not being able to play what youīve paid for.
I have to agree. Many of us who lifetime subscribed did so with friends and fleet mates, with the intention of playing through much of the early game with them. It is not so desirable when you understand that everything you do will require doing over and this time not with your mates (some of whom are already playing their borg captains). We think this is unfair, and most of all, unnecessary. By requiring us to log in on a throwaway character to unlock yet a different character, then disabling that mechanic becuase..it was being used? Only they have the numbers of people who life subbed, they should probably know how many will try to make a borg. If they knew they could not handle that many people attempting to unlock the feature via the c-store..why did they make that the avenue to unlock it?
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-29-2010, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primus01 View Post
I have to agree and I just plan to go through the tutorial. I want my preorder stuff before moving on.
I've got the Borg BOff, so I figure I'll just save up some skill points for her, and it'll be alright. i could understand waiting for the Trill unlock, though. The Connie would be nice to have from the beginning, too, but if you only play for a few hours at a time, you'd probably still get use out of it.
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-29-2010, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loxone View Post
I would almost feel bad if I didn't have to wait until Tuesday for my Joined Trill to become available. You have no sympathy from me unless it takes longer than Tuesday to get your Borg characters.

In the meantime level up another character and have fun until it's sorted out. That's what I'll be doing until Tuesday.
Yes, but everyone knows that the Joined Trill is due tuesday. Then itīs those peoples choice to wait til then to play it. Even though I think that sux as well. Lifers paid for getting Borg from the first minute of launch. And while I sit here and wait. My fleetm8s are lvling up, and I have to do all this bag of poo by myself later on. Very fun indeed...
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-29-2010, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipeness View Post
from my understanding....

the Borg skin is just a patch over your pre-existing character. After applying that re-skin, you get it's ability stats. I don't know why so many people are waiting... play play play, then apply once fixed.
This canīt be true. Then my alien should have 6 traits all in all... And that wouldnīt be fair.