Career Officer
# 131
06-22-2014, 07:19 PM
You go to Ker'rat looking for a bar fight... That's what it is. Sometimes you win, sometimes you get your *** handed to you. That's what it's all about, stay home if you can't handle it.

As far as fighting Klinks when the war is "over" it is never over.... All throughout Star Trek, little scuffles still occur after piece treaties... nothing new....
1hr of work @NYS Min Wage 7.25 = 725 Zen
725 x 102 (or current exchange rate) DL = 73950 DL <- can you earn that per hour in game?

Captain
# 132
06-23-2014, 03:39 AM
The 'bar fight' analogy is a pretty good one. Hadn't thought about this way but you are correct.

The OP for this thread, who has long since left it to wither and die, seemed to think it was hard to kill Cubes with a Scimitar. He/She? seemed to think people farming Ker'rat should be left alone. He/She? also seemed to think Ker'rat should be nerfed down to a PvE only zone but that the rewards should remain the same. He/She? was determined he was right. I finally decided to spend all my game time in Ker'rat and do nothing but hunt farmers. So far, I've come out even in the win/lose columns. Which for me is enough. Met some really great people who play mostly Klink and Rom. Met a few SpoonFeds who did nothing but rage in the Chat Window at me. For interrupting their farming.

Those are the sort of people who give Starfleet a bad name and a worse reputation. Thank God there are so very few of them. But why do they have to always be so visible?
Captain
# 133
06-23-2014, 04:33 AM
I like the bar fight analogy. You're just a grumpy person going to a seedy bar full of rival gangs. You might get left alone getting that awesome drink, or you'll get into a bar fight
There are actually other players in this game? I thought they were just npcs with varying levels of AI. - starkaos
Empire Veteran
# 134
06-24-2014, 11:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydenomega812 View Post
Second, how am I supposed to get drops when someone that choose the KDF side runs up on me and uses Beam Overload 3 to deal an utterly too swift blow (60k+ hit) that instantly destroys my ship.

This kind of damage is easy to do easy to avoid, use Attack Pattern Omega, Polarize Hull, Antimatter Spread (as feds love to spam every 2 seconds), or even have a ship that can just take a hit... really 60k isn't that much.

Third, and the most annoying thing in the zone is the bop ship...T'varo/B'rel (apparently only the KDF side chooses these ships)

Have you ever looked around you and seen all the cloaked Romulans? Stay current and make a romulan if its such a big deal or stop complaining.

And Last but not least.....seems anymore that the zone is a haven for a certain fleet

Stopped reading and caring here, if you see a HOBO just ignore them they are just idiots. I find ignoring them makes your chances of being put by them much more slim.
Really though, nothing here is worth complaining about. Too much damage for you? Get a better ship or put on some resistance (I know, I know you feds just hate that don't you), don't like the Romulans and Klingons? Make one yourself and stay cloaked, they cant shoot you then. Dont like that fleet, well leave and do something worthwhile. Let them feel big and powerful while being fools not our problem really.
Max - Mobius -------- Vex - JHAS
Blackbeard - Bastion ------- T'Var - Dyson Sci Des.
Demon Lord Vex Hirogen Hunter -------- Vex the War Lord - Recluse

Career Officer
# 135
06-25-2014, 05:29 PM
I love going into Ker'rat with any number of my Fed toons and while doing the daily just listening and paying attention to klingons who think I'll be an easy target.

Oh there's a lone Fed scanning something. TT+APA, RSP if needed right back in their face.

But the OP is making me want to put down all my Fed characters and work on my sole Klingon right now
Career Officer
# 136
06-25-2014, 05:37 PM
Oh and on another note nothing and I mean ABSOLUTELY NOTHING aggrevates a KDF or KDF Romulan cloaker than a good Fed Tvaro snooper!

If you really want to get back at them. Roll a Romulan, ally Fed. Get the TDF console from the Nebula and Vape while they're still cloaked.

I know I'm going to get grief over that one.lolol
Lt. Commander
# 137
06-25-2014, 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxprange View Post
Really though, nothing here is worth complaining about. Too much damage for you? Get a better ship or put on some resistance (I know, I know you feds just hate that don't you), don't like the Romulans and Klingons? Make one yourself and stay cloaked, they cant shoot you then.
He is a rom in a scimmy so that doesnt help him much.

Quote:
Dont like that fleet, well leave and do something worthwhile. Let them feel big and powerful while being fools not our problem really.
Feds cant run from us anymore, the days of running to FvF to hide from the evul boogeymen are over. All will perish before the mighty onslaught!

Of course he could do PvE I suppose. But then again its PvE...
Karrock/Karreck/Darth Karrock/Unspoken
House of Beautiful Orions / SVK Elite
PUNISH THE FEDs

Quote:
Originally Posted by realmini View Post
the past is the past and the future is BLOOD RED.
Career Officer
# 138
06-25-2014, 06:22 PM
I like Ker'rat, it's a nice distraction.

I usually just fly in there and look how many klings are online (oh and mimey: klings also means alligned romulans, so no kdf boogyman ...). Sadly it usually takes some time until a nice fight ensues between groups, so you'll generally just have to wait to be engaged by some vaper. That at least serves as a bit of training.

In general, i just leave farmers and fleetless ships alone, because attacking some hapless player and scare him off pvp for a couple of month doesn't really give me any satisfaction. But if i see another ship being attacked i try to intervene.

So yeah, the workings of Ker'rat are certainly different from your standard queue and a much more player shaped experience then you could get in the arena, but it's more for single players. (That's a least the fealing i get when going there.)
Empire Veteran
# 139
06-25-2014, 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by freenos85 View Post
(oh and mimey: klings also means alligned romulans, so no kdf boogyman ...)
Actually there kinda is. I still so often see around the forums and the game sometimes the 'KDF boogeyman' in question. This mentality of 'If a Fed or Fed-Rom does something, it is ok, but if a KDF, and sometimes KDF-Rom does the same or a similar thing, it's bad.'

It's bad that a KDF player pulls a decloak alpha against a Fed ship and vapes it in seconds. BUT it is perfectly ok for a Fed or Fed-Rom to purposefully go after the KDF, including using cloaking ships as well, doubly so if the KDF in question is using a BoP.

BoPs are bad, but Fed-Roms are ok. AAs and such are bad, but TDF is ok. And so on. There seems to almost be this 'punishment' mentality going on sometimes. The KDF have to be 'taught a lesson' sort of deal. Hence...the KDF boogeyman.

Career Officer
# 140
06-26-2014, 07:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
Actually there kinda is. I still so often see around the forums and the game sometimes the 'KDF boogeyman' in question. This mentality of 'If a Fed or Fed-Rom does something, it is ok, but if a KDF, and sometimes KDF-Rom does the same or a similar thing, it's bad.'

It's bad that a KDF player pulls a decloak alpha against a Fed ship and vapes it in seconds. BUT it is perfectly ok for a Fed or Fed-Rom to purposefully go after the KDF, including using cloaking ships as well, doubly so if the KDF in question is using a BoP.

BoPs are bad, but Fed-Roms are ok. AAs and such are bad, but TDF is ok. And so on. There seems to almost be this 'punishment' mentality going on sometimes. The KDF have to be 'taught a lesson' sort of deal. Hence...the KDF boogeyman.
No, people just like to generalize a lot. The players that whine on the forums or ingame are nearly never the fed-rom vapers, but the non-cloaking farmers. So from their singular perspective, the passive one, they get attacked by other players usually without provocation.

The problem is, that due to the nature of Ker'rat the KDF is always seen as the aggressor, next to the borg. So hunting the hunter (or as you would call it: "The KDF have to be 'taught a lesson'") is a nice turnaround in the, oh so often, just passive experience for fed players in the warzone. I also nearly never see any cloak-less ships in the zone. It's either rom-vapers, bops, scimitards, or battlecruisers (raptors seem to be extermely rare for some reason). Occasionally there might be the zombie tank, but you can just ignore it. Sci snoopers exist on both sides, since you really don't need TDF to build a snooper, so with a bit more coordination even the KDF could vape the vapers.
TDF only does so much in a non sci vessel or even a non sci captain anyway. If i use it on a ship with the rom deflector, i can barely boost my stealth detection range beyond 5km. So the TDF isn't really OP on it's own, neither is AA for that matter (this thing is just a mere nuissance and can only be "dangerous" if some mindless FAW spammer is close to it).

I guess it all comes down to player numbers in the zone. If they would be more equal, then the amount of vapers would certainly be reduced (pure speculation here), because players wouldn't have to fear a whole fed gank-squad coming after them, after each kill.