Lt. Commander
# 11
01-29-2010, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinetyNine
Obviously not a monopoly on holier-than-thou attitudes.

Also, Really isn't a sentence by itself. I'm just saying.
Heh... Normally, I'd actually have gone through and quoted the original post for a copyedit with red to denote the changes. Then, I would have gone "There, I fixed it for you" afterward. This time I just didn't have the energy.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-29-2010, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitewolf1984 View Post
First let me say this game is a breath of fresh air that I badly needed, and apart from bugs and a few niggly things I only have ONE big issue.....

The stupid shared cool down on Torp's.

So if torp do too much damage to b able to fire more than one at a time how about this......

Reduce all torp damage <plasm ect inc> by 50% <still does more damage than phasers easy>

Then get rid of the shared cooldown on all torp's.

this way if ya had say 4 torps on ya ship you would only do 200% of the damage that the current system does.

This would get people to work together better protecting the the torp boats untill the targets shields are down.

In PvP this will not be an issue either because people will see that you have a torp boat and focus fire you and while there sheilds are up torps are pretty usless unless you have like 10 of them.

Thoughts on this .......
oh.. i thought you were talking about the bug where you can keep pressing the torpedo button to fire more than one without high yield. hopefully, that is fixed.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-29-2010, 01:26 PM
Dont remember exactly where I saw it, but there was a thread that went into detail about torpedo and mine launchers. Anywho, having more launchers does give you a higher rate of fire. however the max is 1 torp every 3 seconds. Thats pretty good. Needing to launch more is pointless and would ruin the whole "they are torpedos" aspect. Use your phasers/cannons for spamming. Torps are knockout weapons.
Lt. Commander
# 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by shagomir View Post
It doesn't make sense to load up on photons, as they are crap against shields. You use phasers to knock out the shields, and then you gently caress that sweet naked hull with photonic goodness.

There are skills to launch spreads of torpedoes from just the one tube, as stated.
Except that there are torpedoes that are not photons, and multiloading those could be valuable. Transphasic Torpedoes, for example, which have better shield penetration, so that you can pound hull straight through active shields.
Lt. Commander
# 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by CnB
It ties into how shield facings work. They don't want you firing off a huge burst of damage, then turning away, firing off another one, then turning away. If torps had short range, like cannons, they might have allowed volley fire, but as it is they're very powerful weapons that require no power to use while being able to hit at maximum range.
Thats why I added the damage nurf.

I mean if there going with cannon the Akira is supposed to be a torp boat with multiple launchers.

And if ships <enemy ships in perticular are gonna get tougher and tougher then you can not just give more ranks to torp yeild as the damage will spiral out of controll and you will have it alot worse in PvP with High yeild rank 6 than having 4 torp launchers hitting you at once.