Lt. Commander
# 11
01-29-2010, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akril View Post
Well speaking as a British contracts lawyer, who speciliases in consumer purchase contracts, I'd say you definately do (providing your in England).

I'd also add (as I've been saying before) your entitled to charge cryptic for each time you cannot log in to compensate you for your "loss of enjoyment".
Normally the phrase is "pics or it didn't happen," but this time I'm going with "credentials or you're not."

As has already been said, a law suit wouldn't be worth it. Since the account is for the life span of the game, it wouldn't even be worth a class action suit to get a pro-rated refund. Suppose the problem is fixed tomorrow. What's one day out of an unknown lifetime of the game? Might as well be a prorated value of nothing.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-29-2010, 01:26 PM
The game was to start at 1:00PM EST and by 1:07PM EST the server crashed. It came back but
then it had login issues. Within 30 minutes, the forum is down and now, the playable Borg is not
working.

They took the C-Store offline to make it so people could play the game, great for people that didn't
spend $240 and wanted to play the Borg. I can either pick another race, play the game and then
look forward to starting all over again when the Borg is unlocked or wait till they fix it meaning, no
Headstart.

This game has become a carrot in the mirror.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-29-2010, 01:28 PM
I feel all your pain, to add insult to injury many of us on steam also got the whole game deleted and we have to redownload 10 gig yeh this was well worth pre paying for.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-29-2010, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USSZenica
The game was to start at 1:00PM EST and by 1:07PM EST the server crashed. It came back but
then it had login issues. Within 30 minutes, the forum is down and now, the playable Borg is not
working.
That is what's happened, yes. Man, great summary!

Quote:
They took the C-Store offline to make it so people could play the game, great for people that didn't
spend $240 and wanted to play the Borg. I can either pick another race, play the game and then
look forward to starting all over again when the Borg is unlocked or wait till they fix it meaning, no
Headstart.
oh noes! I think you're forgetting the fact that they're fixing the Liberated Borg right now. I don't think you have only the "I play an impermanent character" or "I wait till the 2nd." It's more like "I play an impermanent character" and "I wait a bit longer."

Goosh.

Quote:
This game has become a carrot in the mirror.
WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-29-2010, 01:30 PM
Man I'm a Borg captain too but I can accept 'hey guys we're working on it' and not have a fit, what is it with people and acting like they paid for a Borg and not for...ya know...lifer subs.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-29-2010, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shotgunbadger View Post
Man I'm a Borg captain too but I can accept 'hey guys we're working on it' and not have a fit, what is it with people and acting like they paid for a Borg and not for...ya know...lifer subs.
Quoted for truth, yo.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-29-2010, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilaniol View Post
I feel all your pain, to add insult to injury many of us on steam also got the whole game deleted and we have to redownload 10 gig yeh this was well worth pre paying for.
That's not Cryptic's fault. If you've still got the original installer around, you might be able to save yourself some time. You can also prevent Steam from auto-updating, which would solve this problem in the future (the STO launcher updates for you, anyways).
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-29-2010, 04:36 PM
I have Steam, and was playing it at about 10 minutes after it went up, and I never had to re-download the game at all; there was just a small patch, and I was set to go. It was a little laggy initially, but smoothed out after about 60 seconds or so in-game, so my initial experience wasn't too bad.

The only bad thing that happened was my having to go to work 30 minutes later.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-29-2010, 04:38 PM
Please centralize Lifetime Borg issues to this thread for easier tracking. Thanks!

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=89015
Closed Thread