Career Officer
# 121
06-16-2014, 10:03 AM
The flags at the finish line don't bother me so much, as it's the responsibility of each player to grab their flag. If you blow it, it's your own fault- we're all on equal footing.

My problem with this race is with these stupid speed boosts along the way. They don't work consistently. Either every player should get the boosts when they cross the threshold, or no players should get the boost. I'd like to see them done away with entirely.
Vice Admiral Aznia Deet, Federation Ambassador, U.S.S. Federalist
Rihannsu
# 122
06-16-2014, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azniadeet View Post
...My problem with this race is with these stupid speed boosts along the way. They don't work consistently. Either every player should get the boosts when they cross the threshold, or no players should get the boost. I'd like to see them done away with entirely.
I have to agree. The boosts do seemed bugged/inconsistent in how they work, and it can be frustrating getting a lead taken away or falling further behind because someone else got a boost and you didn't (even though you both went over the same red arrow or jumped the same jump).

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Commander
# 123
06-16-2014, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryvaken View Post
I never did the winter race, but I'm not really seeing a problem with the flag grabbing. I have the interact key mapped to my mouse and race one handed. No problem.

Now, there are times that the button doesn't actually APPEAR. That's a problem. But the mechanic doesn't seem inherently flawed. Am I missing something?
Yes, there is a randomly appearing gate bug that I reported days ago in my thread:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1136451&page=3

which is the cause of the finish button not showing up at the finish line. If you don't go back and pick up from the missed gate, it won't let you finish the race, so best to keep an eye on the gate numbers.

Funny though how so few have actually noticed the only actual 'bug' in the race (not counting boosts as whether they work or not is subject to some debate). Instead I been hearing it's effect being attributed to the track, the floater or the flag without anyone yet grasping the actual cause lol.
Career Officer
# 124
06-23-2014, 11:51 AM
I really wish they fix the race and add more challenge to it! At least with the Winter PvP race, we had to contend with the ice!

Last edited by azurianstar; 06-23-2014 at 02:41 PM.
Captain
# 125
06-28-2014, 04:56 PM
Are they really going to let the entire event go by without fixing this race? why even bother designing the boards and monkeys and not even fix the broken race so you can get them?
A shame what a waste.
Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
Career Officer
# 126
06-28-2014, 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc8219 View Post
Are they really going to let the entire event go by without fixing this race? why even bother designing the boards and monkeys and not even fix the broken race so you can get them?
A shame what a waste.
Yup. The very BEST we can hope for is they fix it for next year. But even that is probably a futile hope. If they thought how it is now was fine, I'm sure they'll figure the ranting about how it sucks is preferable to actually spending time fixing it. If it doesn't make PWE money, then it gets minimal, or non-existent, fixing. Just look at how many horrible bugs we have that never get fixed; and this POS race is 'working as intended' so...
Sometimes I think I play STO just to have stuff to rant about on the forums!

Rihannsu
# 127
06-30-2014, 05:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtern1ty View Post
Yes, there is a randomly appearing gate bug that I reported days ago in my thread:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1136451&page=3

which is the cause of the finish button not showing up at the finish line. If you don't go back and pick up from the missed gate, it won't let you finish the race, so best to keep an eye on the gate numbers.

Funny though how so few have actually noticed the only actual 'bug' in the race (not counting boosts as whether they work or not is subject to some debate). Instead I been hearing it's effect being attributed to the track, the floater or the flag without anyone yet grasping the actual cause lol.
Hunh, I wonder if this is something that mainly affects people who go around the checkpoint gates instead of through them? The trigger might not extend very far past the sides of the gate.

EDIT: I just checked. Some of the gate interacts, especially #5, are pretty small. If you don't go through the actual gate you might miss the interact.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.

Last edited by markhawkman; 06-30-2014 at 06:47 AM.
Ensign
Ok, we all know the winter tag race event, some people were exploiting the jump at the cliff and getting first place for ever it seemed and then cryptic actually repaired it so it couldnt be exploited further. Fast forward to Risa Event, and the same is still happening, the track designer didnt include a Disqualification for people going way outside the actual track lines and now its impossible for some players, myself included, to even get the ripper title accolade finished by winning first.

I find it rather disconcerting that they would repair winter tag event to avoid such exploits but do absolutely nothing for the Risa tag event race. i cant count how many times in a row, days on end hopping to lowest populated instances to try to win this darn accolade and for the life of me cant seem to ever get it because of some player using 4-5 track out of bounds exploits to continually take first place. Its not only frustrating, but by doing nothing to fix this problem, Cryptic is just basically condoning using this track exploit if you want the actual accolade.

Don't get me wrong, i love the game, but there are like entire channels filled with people who are raging that this exploit is being used and are just as frustrated as myself that the accolade is darn near impossible to accomplish with these greedy track exploiters ruining the fun for everyone else. You guys fixed winter tag race because of this, its time to actually follow through and address this Risa event race exploit in like suit. Anyways, thats just my opinion, and hopefully i can wake up early enough one day to get an empty race to actually get the title and accolade, but im not holding my breath...
Rihannsu
# 129
06-30-2014, 10:55 PM
You know, you get the accolade by wining the race or finishing 20 times, right? If you have raced as much as you say, you should have it by now. Just saying.
Joined September 2011
Nouveau riche LTS member
Ensign
# 130
07-01-2014, 04:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by malkarris View Post
You know, you get the accolade by wining the race or finishing 20 times, right? If you have raced as much as you say, you should have it by now. Just saying.
first off, i never said i raced alot, but i do try when i can get online and away from being a parent all day lol. secondly im sure eventually i can get the accolade like you said from repeating 20 times or more.

granted, but not everyone has all day to try and grab this accolade or enough time away from RL to actually sit on the game for as long as it takes, besides, this is distracting the main issue, the track is broken, it never disqualifies anyone for going off track, i could board 2 miles in any direction off track and come back to the track and never be disqualified, thats the real problem here, this is being exploited for greed sake alone, there is no sense of fair play at all among players and (sadly enough) i don't expect it, but when this exploit is causing people to get frustrated and miss out on otherwise fun event rewards and accolades, its kind of time to fix the problem don't you think?

I realize we are talking about Cryptic, i realize they don't work for free, i realize not everyone plays for the same reasons, but this should be a simple no brainer decision for them to fix, if not for future Risa events. My thoughts go back to when they fixed the winter tag race event cause of an almost identical problem, they fixed it rather fast, why not do the same here?