Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
01-29-2010, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by watmo View Post
This has been covered an rehashed may times in beta.

Bottem line is that this is really the fault of the retailer for not giving you your key.
That line of thinking is a fallacy. It is not the fault of the retailer by any means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHand View Post
The problem is i only have 3 more days off work then im gonna have no time at all to play for over a week....

As i said bad planning on there part....
The problem is on your end, not on STO's nor on your employer's. Forethought on your part could have given you the days to play. Nothing is preventing you from getting your Tier 3 or 4 or 5 ship in these next 3 days, aside from commitment to the game and real life priorities. For the many faults that lie at Cryptic's feet, this is not one of them.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-29-2010, 01:51 PM
the point of this post isnt anything to do with my days off work i was just expressing the fact that cause i will have to start a new char again on tuesday and because of my work comitments i wont be able to keep up with my mates.

the point of my post is why the hell they couldnt of gave us the joined trill char now why wait to tuseday? its a bit of a game breaker for us who wanted to use the head start to do just that and get a hads start, is that so hard for you people to understand?
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-29-2010, 01:59 PM
Whether or not it was covered a million and one times during beta, I do agree with the OP. For those of us who want to play a Joined Trill or heck anyone who ordered a DDE or other some vendor-exclusive bonus item there is no reason why we couldn't have our retail keys now.

I purchased my copy on Steam. All it would take for them to send me my key is 1 TCP packet. There is no reason why the retailers couldn't have made sure that people who pre-ordered got their keys in time for head start.

I understand where retailers are coming from with wanting to discourage people from getting a pre-order just for the items and then cancelling it, but what is the harm in giving us our retail key now? Obviously as soon as you activate that key you can no longer cancel the pre-order. In much the same way that you can't return things to any store if you've clearly opened the box and used the product in such a fashion that the retailer can no longer resell it to a different customer.

I really see no reason why I should have to wait until 2 February to get something that I've already paid for, in full and advance, weeks ago.

And on a side note, I was not aware at the time of purchase that my head start would be essentially pointless. So by the consumer laws that apply in my country, Steam should provide me with the product as advertised.
I've filed a support ticket with Steam about this as they are the retailer in my case and have requested that they abide by EU law and provide me with the product as they advertised it in their store. That means the full retail key. I suggest other EU customers do the same. At least if their vendor of choice did not advertise that part of the product would not be available at head start.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-29-2010, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHand View Post
the point of this post isnt anything to do with my days off work i was just expressing the fact that cause i will have to start a new char again on tuesday and because of my work comitments i wont be able to keep up with my mates.

the point of my post is why the hell they couldnt of gave us the joined trill char now why wait to tuseday? its a bit of a game breaker for us who wanted to use the head start to do just that and get a hads start, is that so hard for you people to understand?
You could always play a toon, make money on it, get items on it, then when you make your Joined Trill send it all too him and get a... head start on money and gear?
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-29-2010, 02:10 PM
I'm just waiting until retail to make my JT, and finishing up Dragon Age in the meantime. I figure, at least a lot of kinks should be worked out of the system by then (ie: the account server issue), so for me it'll make the start that much smoother.

I'm not thrilled about it, but there's nothing to be done but complain, and I just don't have the energy to complain too much. If it were more than four days I might have been really verbal about it though.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-29-2010, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeko View Post
You could always play a toon, make money on it, get items on it, then when you make your Joined Trill send it all too him and get a... head start on money and gear?
That is an excellent idea.

Personally I didn't get a life time subscription to buy a borg character. I got it becuase it made good buying sense and will pay for itself in 18 months. I also doubt it will be offered again at that low a rate.

Now, with all that said, I understand how people feel frustrated about no specials till launch. Imagine how frustrated people feel that don't come to these forums? They just think their order is narfed up. Cryptic is going to get a lot of customer support tickets asking about this. I would think they should have put some kind of notice somewhere at log in to let folks know of this situation.

But, the above is just my 2 cents woth. Your mileage may very.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-29-2010, 02:13 PM
Very good post. I have the same problem. I was hoping to play in this head-start... and with my joined Trill. But now... due to pethetic planning on the developers and retailers (both equally), anyone that wants to play a joined Till has to wait until February 2nd.

This is the sencond time that Cryptic/Atari has allowed false advertisment to be part of their regular business. They need to fix this now, and not for me or the people wanting to play a Trill... but for their own selves. They should want to be an honest company that makes honest advertisement adds.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-29-2010, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigatronix
OMG I got what I paid for but not the free stuff???

If you were considering a LIfetime sub 4 days aint gonna kill you.

I feel your pain though, I want my Connie!
So do I!!
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-29-2010, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeko View Post

Errr... How? I never saw any way to transfer items from one character to another in the beta. But considering the poor state of the documentation, I'm not surprised that I missed it...
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-29-2010, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITF_Cho
Errr... How? I never saw any way to transfer items from one character to another in the beta. But considering the poor state of the documentation, I'm not surprised that I missed it...
Apparently there is in game mail that lets you do this, i haven't used it myself though.