Captain
# 31
06-23-2014, 11:16 PM
Well, it was also written in a time when Windows would do a blue screen of death if you so much as breathed wrong, and computers weren't so adept at stopping infinite loops after a certain number of fruitless iterations, and so on. Perhaps they couldn't imagine the Borg being able to recognize and cut off that sort of potentially endless calculating, back then, while now it seems obvious.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)

Proudly F2P. Sig by gulberat. Avatar by balsavor.deviantart.com
Captain
# 32
06-23-2014, 11:34 PM
Ok, I can see how it would be an inescapable trap once the Borg start trying to solve it, but what would trigger them to run the file in the first place? It takes very little smarts to know not to open suspicious-files-that-aren't-supposed-to-be-there.
How many Starfleet Engineers does it take to exchange an Anti-positronic Photon Emitter?
Career Officer
# 33
06-24-2014, 12:24 AM
Judging from my Borg body count in game....NO.
The Photobomb of Khan.
Career Officer
# 34
06-24-2014, 01:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilchibiclari View Post
Ok, I can see how it would be an inescapable trap once the Borg start trying to solve it, but what would trigger them to run the file in the first place? It takes very little smarts to know not to open suspicious-files-that-aren't-supposed-to-be-there.
not really, look how many bypassed their security programs warning to get that Khan outfit!

if any species wants something bad enough, they will ignore warnings and go for their singleminded desires....thats why if a Borg ever got an omega particle they would blow themselves up looking at the shiny lights XD

http://youtu.be/QN-mC15tOHQ?t=26s

EDIT: ......not to be forgetting Golum!
Maquis resistance - Fighting against PWE Tyranny (clip)
Glasses that see the truth, are never rose colored
How Picard dealt with ARC_STO Feedback_ARC Wars time capsule__Every episode of TNG if written by STO

Last edited by catstarsto; 06-24-2014 at 04:22 AM.
Captain
Career Officer
# 36
06-24-2014, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by catstarsto View Post

EDIT: ......not to be forgetting Golum!
0:52 - My face on pay day.
LTS Join Date : September 2010. Boldly going forward because Cryptic forgot reverse.
I am currenty unsupervised, anyone who knows me will inform you that his will mostly lead to trouble.=3
Captain
# 37
06-24-2014, 11:18 AM
In short NO.

When a Borg dies, parts are salvaged from them, and they recycle the rest.
Captain
# 38
06-24-2014, 02:25 PM
It would seem some people are confusing biological immortality with true immortality. They are not the same. What we have seen on screen seems to hint that Borg drones are biologically immortal (regeneration and apparent lack of any visible aging), meaning that they could conceivably live forever if nothing unfortunate occurs to them. However, it can be plainly obvious that getting shot, blown up, or smashed or any other form of lethal accident or violence will kill them. Dead drones; however, as Hugh stated are "reabsorbed into the Collective" whatever the hell that means.
Captain
# 39
06-24-2014, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kojirohellfire View Post
I as Hugh stated are "reabsorbed into the Collective" whatever the hell that means.
Thats what tuesday taco night on the unimatrix is for
Captain
# 40
06-24-2014, 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorantomalak View Post
Thats what tuesday taco night on the unimatrix is for

I wonder what the seasoning is
1JJ = nerdrage generated by release of new J.J. Abrams Star Wars / Star Trek movie.
LOR? about .63JJs. DR feels higher. Somewhere around .68 or .69, spiking to a .8 whenever Neelix be mentioned.
Shatner-level= Overdramatic rage