Lieutenant
# 91
06-22-2014, 05:16 AM
So far im impressed with France the most,they really played fantastic against swiss,Dutch play well but they are to unpredictable in my opinion,if they got good day can trash anyone but also can lose against anyone,Germany and Italy are always dangerous,Argentina play terrible,they depends only on Messi,if he doesnt do his magic they losing so they dead when they come against good team,but i think Brazil will win this world cup because if they dont there will be massive riots in that country,so i expect a lot of cheating in their favour,we already see that in first match aginst Croatia.And i really enjoy that Spain is out,no more watching their super boring Barcelona like tiki-taka style footbal that make ppl fall asleep.
Career Officer
# 92
06-22-2014, 06:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by falklander1989 View Post
So far im impressed with France the most,they really played fantastic against swiss,Dutch play well but they are to unpredictable in my opinion,if they got good day can trash anyone but also can lose against anyone,Germany and Italy are always dangerous,Argentina play terrible,they depends only on Messi,if he doesnt do his magic they losing so they dead when they come against good team,but i think Brazil will win this world cup because if they dont there will be massive riots in that country,so i expect a lot of cheating in their favour,we already see that in first match aginst Croatia.And i really enjoy that Spain is out,no more watching their super boring Barcelona like tiki-taka style footbal that make ppl fall asleep.
its not entirely out the realm of possibilities, but i doubt the football body would go so far as to sabotage other teams chances of getting to the finals.
Joined STO late 2010. Bought starter pack LoR & LTS 2013.
Proud owner of a Targ pup to a federation character.
T5 Miranda FTW! Hope to see Miranda Class made a T5 ship.
Career Officer
# 93
06-22-2014, 10:35 AM
the russia belgium match looks dull on paper. kinda sums up this weeks wtcc and f1 race as well, never liked the a1 ring, sim racing or watching and citreon dominating spa wasnt really special although im happy pechito won another race.

back to the football, belgium just scraped a goal in the last minutes of the match. that just put begium though in group h with the rest highly contested.

edit: algeria just pulled a mega result out when they really needed it! they beat south korea. algeria 4 - 2 south korea. again group h is still highly contested.

Last edited by mirrorchaos; 06-22-2014 at 01:56 PM. Reason: not triple posting, later edit.
Captain
# 94
06-24-2014, 01:56 AM
Last nights match between Chile and the Netherlands was nerve wrecking.

Though it ended in a 2-0 victory for the Netherlands the match was a lot closer than the final score would suggest.

When possible I'll be watching Chile matches from now on. These guys are good.

Looks like the next opponent for the Netherlands will be Mexico.
Career Officer
# 95
06-24-2014, 10:31 AM
all of group d is in action and so far no goals scored by any of the four teams in action.

edit: well goal less england costa match, at least england salvaged something, an agonizing exit. costa rica knew the writing was on the wall vs england before the match happened, very mature of the manager to see it and play for keeps.

meanwhile the uraguyan players took a "bite" out of italy and put themselves into the next round with costa rica. group d is sorted now.

Last edited by mirrorchaos; 06-24-2014 at 12:05 PM. Reason: matches finished an a pun i cant resist.
Career Officer
# 96
06-24-2014, 12:03 PM
japan are out of their element vs colombia. japan are out.

greece snuck in a last second goal! that puts them in and ivory coast out. what a turn around.

Last edited by mirrorchaos; 06-24-2014 at 02:56 PM.
Captain
# 97
06-24-2014, 12:59 PM
Again Uruguay sending another Europe team home.

Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com
Lt. Commander
# 98
06-25-2014, 02:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerritourug View Post
Again Uruguay sending another Europe team home.
Yeah, biting people, with the referee giving nonexistent red cards...Uruguay's team sucks and they didn't deserve to win. All Uruguayans should be ashamed now after this match. Both the referee and Suarez need to be kicked from the World Cup and the match has to be redone.

If I meet any Uruguayans in my city I'll start biting them just for the lolz.
-CSI- Confederazione Stellare Italiana
Giovanni (FED TAC) - T'Lan (RRF TAC)- Giova's Tall Tellarite Sci (FED SCI)

[System] [GameplayAnnounce] Giovanni@giotariz does not believe in a "No-Win Scenario". 13/6/2014
Survivor of Romulus
# 99
06-25-2014, 03:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by giotariz View Post
Yeah, biting people, with the referee giving nonexistent red cards...Uruguay's team sucks and they didn't deserve to win. All Uruguayans should be ashamed now after this match. Both the referee and Suarez need to be kicked from the World Cup and the match has to be redone.

If I meet any Uruguayans in my city I'll start biting them just for the lolz.
Let me add a neutral perspective here and have in mind that I do fancy Italy as a country and people.

If Italy deserved to go through, I would have said it. The truth is, your team didn't deserve it. I know it's hard as hell to admit, I'm the same when my team's in question.
However let's see, what did Italy play in this championchip? Pretty much nothing. Italy snached up a 2-1 victory over the lackluster English team, which I also saw coming earlier in this thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post
I can't say I didn't expect Italy to end up victorious since the England team doesn't strike me as one capable of winning the big matches...
And then lost to Costa Rica due to playing nothing. And then in the deciding match against Uruguay, Italy decided to not play football once again but strategize and try to keep the result 0-0. The name of the game is football and you don't play like that if you want to win sth.
Just look at Mexico, they were in the same position as Italy before their match and they totally whooped Croatia anyway, leaving nothing to chance. That's how you play.

And you can't judge an entire nation based on Luis Suarez having identity issues between being human or a werewolf.
In truth, I think that as much as the Uruguayans should be ashamed of Suarez's behavior, that much the Italians should be ashamed of their entire team's behavior for deciding to play anti-football and guard the starting 0-0.

Italy won the World Cup 8 years ago by playing this kind of football I call - 'nothing'. I think you guys have your quota for playing nothing and winning met for a good while.
Now Greece on the other hand.....they took a page of the old Italian book and took it to the next level! They pulled through in the second round with playing an even bigger example of 'nothing'.

Anyway, this World Cup is turning out to be just as I expected. South and North American teams dominating the game and European teams completely lost in space. European football has been on a decline in the last 4 years, IMHO. These entire defensive and unattractive tactics, bunkers, parking busses in front of goal, over-calculating matches, Jose Mourihno and Barcelona based tactics that bore the hell out of the viewer.....they just don't work in South America. There nations play open, flowing, attractive football. And that's what's happeining here.
From the big European teams only France and Germany play open, attacking football in this Cup. It should be of no suprise that unlike the others, they're still in the Cup with good chances to take it home.

----------------------------------------------
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Career Officer
# 100
06-25-2014, 03:47 AM
Hope the local law enforcement is ready for yet another round of fan riots and stadium failures. FIFA fans are the worst no matter the outcome. I heard some auto insurance companies were actually trying to sell crazed fan insurance, for when your car is flipped, torched, or otherwise destroyed by soccer fans.