Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Career Officer
# 11
06-23-2014, 10:21 PM
Lol. I was in the military and remember that Jedi was an option for religious preference.
Empire Veteran
# 12
06-23-2014, 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iconians View Post
There would be nerd rage if Gene Roddenberry came back from the dead and created a brand new Star Trek series because it didn't resemble DS9/Voyager.
I would be terrified if he came back from the dead. Because then I would seriously worry about the zombie apocalypse being on us, not about what show he might make.

That said, it would be a funny scene to have undead-Roddenberry go to Paramount and CBS to eat the brains of all the executives, then go to a set on the lot somewhere and start making a new ST show.

Career Officer
# 13
06-23-2014, 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderfoot006 View Post
Can you imagine the nerd rage 'round here if Paramount beat 'em to the punch with a series based in the JJ-verse?

:::closes hatches on Abrams and quickly backs off firing ramp to move to alternate position:::
the only one having nerdrage will be you. cbs control the shows, paramount control the movies...

:::failing to notice the explosive barrels rigged on an unreliable timer due to being misinformed about the orange tank from the blue tank is the safe one before jumping into it::: *noise happens but vehicle intact, thunderfoot opens the hatch and swims out of a custard filled tank* *i immediately double facepalm* but essentially thats what your looking at.
Joined STO late 2010. Bought starter pack LoR & LTS 2013.
Proud owner of a Targ pup to a federation character.
T6 Miranda FTW! Hope to see Miranda Class made a T6 hero ship.
Captain
# 14
06-24-2014, 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
I would be terrified if he came back from the dead. Because then I would seriously worry about the zombie apocalypse being on us, not about what show he might make.

That said, it would be a funny scene to have undead-Roddenberry go to Paramount and CBS to eat the brains of all the executives, then go to a set on the lot somewhere and start making a new ST show.
Impossible. CBS network executives don't have any brains! They proved it when they cancelled Star Trek the first time!
How many Starfleet Engineers does it take to exchange an Anti-positronic Photon Emitter?
Captain
# 15
06-24-2014, 03:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirrorchaos View Post
the only one having nerdrage will be you. cbs control the shows, paramount control the movies...

:::failing to notice the explosive barrels rigged on an unreliable timer due to being misinformed about the orange tank from the blue tank is the safe one before jumping into it::: *noise happens but vehicle intact, thunderfoot opens the hatch and swims out of a custard filled tank* *i immediately double facepalm* but essentially thats what your looking at.
So the people who control the films cannot make a TV series? That seems like an odd restriction.

As to me being the only one with nerd rage. I've have more than few posts from you which make any rage I may have seem like a zephyr in a hurricane. I sometimes think you come here looking for things to rage about because you're not sure we take you seriously enough. Don't worry. We don't.
Captain
# 16
06-24-2014, 03:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilchibiclari View Post
Impossible. CBS network executives don't have any brains! They proved it when they cancelled Star Trek the first time!
Um, that was NBC in the sixties. CBS bought the rights not too terribly long ago.
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."
Captain
# 17
06-24-2014, 04:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickngo View Post
Um, that was NBC in the sixties. CBS bought the rights not too terribly long ago.
Zombie Gene would starve to death at NBC, yes...

I wanted to link a clip from the earlier seasons of Saturday Night Live, "The Last Voyage of the Starship Enterprise", but unfortunately the only one I could find was "not available in your country".

There was a hilarious bit where Mr. Spock (Dan Ackroyd) tried mind-melding with the NBC executive that had walked into the Bridge to announce their cancellation. "It was dark in there, and there were cobwebs.. I kept hitting my head on the ceiling..."

And Capt. Kirk (John Belushi) filing his final Captain's Log: "We have traveled the galaxy, and found intelligent life everywhere. Except one television network."
-------------------------------------------
I'm old enough not to care too much about what you think of me --
But I'm young enough to remember the future, the way things ought to be...

- Rush, "Cut To the Chase", Counterparts
Captain
# 18
06-24-2014, 05:38 AM
Well if thats true is great news. I always loved the shows produced by netflix. They are nicely done. They are really nice and not garbaje like almost 80% of the show content in USA.
Captain