Lt. Commander
# 21
01-29-2010, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntman21014 View Post
. If I was on disability and couldn't work I would be spending every second on trying to find a job that I could do.
You fail at understanding what disability even is. On full disabiltiy guess what that means....wait on it.....wait on it.....Means you cant work, not that you have a little boo boo you qq about.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-29-2010, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phelissa View Post
Well, I VERY MUCH DO want to work but have been ordered by the docs not to do such. I trust their judgement. Again, I have been looking for others way to pull in an income but its hard esp when the employeer ask what is wrong and when they find out im disabled, I get overlooked. Not my fault the system is F'd in so many ways :/

Im glad you are abl to move forward even tho you have a similiar disability. Wish I could, I miss work Again, I love to work and thats why I started doing such at the age of 7! Started my own business that grew to 2 stores at age 15, but hey, im a loser right and just want to leech? What were you doing at age 7 or 15? Did you have a biz that could make 250k in one weekend? gratz if you did.

thank you all for the '$5' advice, I will check it out as I didnt know such offer was available!
The system may be as broken as hell but that doesn't explain why you NEED a code, that is what caught my attention. You weren't even asking for one, you were stating you NEED to have one. I get angry at people who ask for handouts, and that is what it seemed you were doing. I just think the priorities are a bit off, you state you are broke and cannot work but NEED a video game, that what screams abuse of the system

And Furlough, if you can sit in front of a computer and play a video game you can sit in front of a computer and get paid for it, there is no difference except one is for pleasure and one is for survival.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-29-2010, 06:15 PM
guys, its cool.. no need to start bashing each other over this...Ill have the thread deleted so it dont upset the masses! lol I hope to see yall ingame one day and soon at that! Live long and prosper

PS - PM sent to have the thread removed.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-29-2010, 06:27 PM
Sorry mate but I am also on a disability pay check.

I worked fulltime since I was 15 and had to stop working at 33,since then I have had to give up alot but I also know what I enjoy so I spend my cash wisely.

I have bought this game as well as a lifetime sub and felt no need to ask for anything from anyone to get it.

I am married have the house etc.

Sorry mate but I think if you want to play the game badly enough you will make it work.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-29-2010, 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinhealer
Sorry mate but I am also on a disability pay check.

I worked fulltime since I was 15 and had to stop working at 33,since then I have had to give up alot but I also know what I enjoy so I spend my cash wisely.

I have bought this game as well as a lifetime sub and felt no need to ask for anything from anyone to get it.

I am married have the house etc.

Sorry mate but I think if you want to play the game badly enough you will make it work.
Yep, trying to make it work hence this thread, which will be deleted shortly btw.. Iwil leventually get the game, might be a month or 2 but nonetheless.. Im just very anxious to join in the fun!! Im a huge trek fan and been waiting for a game like this forever! Im happy you have found ways to enjoy life being disabled, not that easy for everyone :/
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-29-2010, 06:36 PM
I agree mate not every disability is the same and maybe I have more options open to me than you do.

I would say though that if you have been looking forward to this game for so long then a couple of dollars here and there would have you playing now.

I to have to budget as I still have a family to look out for but 45 euro's and the lifetime sub of 200 euros is something that I will play for a long time and if you look at the bigger picture that money would only buy 5 games and that would only do a player maybe 4 months at most.

Is all about budgeting when you are on a budget
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-29-2010, 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinhealer
I agree mate not every disability is the same and maybe I have more options open to me than you do.

I would say though that if you have been looking forward to this game for so long then a couple of dollars here and there would have you playing now.

I to have to budget as I still have a family to look out for but 45 euro's and the lifetime sub of 200 euros is something that I will play for a long time and if you look at the bigger picture that money would only buy 5 games and that would only do a player maybe 4 months at most.

Is all about budgeting when you are on a budget
yep, I will be savingup for it now.. I didnt jump on the bandwagon untill a few months ago and wasnt sure if I be buying it. My desicion to buy had become known to me just a few days ago (well, still debating, see my other QQ thread :/)
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-29-2010, 06:40 PM
Hey Phel. I promise this isn't a bash. I did have to walk away and count to ten before I posted. I feel you about being disabled and the problems associated with that status. While I am not disabled, I do have people in my life who are. The most noticeable is my grandfather who, despite having lost one of his legs, still works.

I understand their are some disabilities that prevent one from working. And people in this class I am willing to help. But i still find asking for a game kinda out there.
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-29-2010, 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trilane View Post
Hey Phel. I promise this isn't a bash. I did have to walk away and count to ten before I posted. I feel you about being disabled and the problems associated with that status. While I am not disabled, I do have people in my life who are. The most noticeable is my grandfather who, despite having lost one of his legs, still works.

I understand their are some disabilities that prevent one from working. And people in this class I am willing to help. But i still find asking for a game kinda out there.
I have a neck injury, one wrong move and im paralized I only ask for help here cause Im a huge trek fan and feel 'left out' atm :/ I promise you, I dont usually 'beg' or ask for help from anyone but this is different to me :p
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-29-2010, 06:43 PM
Ouch. And I bet SSI isn't much help with all the leaches on the system now a days.