Lt. Commander
# 21
01-29-2010, 02:12 PM
Havent had a single problem yet. Pretty smooth launch so far, then again not much different from beta lol
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-29-2010, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shudon View Post
If you're an IT director then you should know what's going on and calm down. If you're really 17 and spent your whole MacDonalds check on this life sub then that makes more sense.
And he would know that he better keeps his mouth shut until he KNOW whats going on and WHY.
Every really good IT guy (director or not) knows that the I comes before the T
Yell that everything is bad/stupid/crap is something for the users not the IT staff...
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-29-2010, 06:13 PM
An IT director knows that the first thing that's broken has got to be the ISP...because it's not our fault until it's in our building. And while the guy ****ed off is making an idiot of himself chewing out the ISP's network engineer we're fixing the real issue without having to give constant status reports to the boss on why it's still not working and how we somehow have time to fix it while constantly giving status reports.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-29-2010, 06:56 PM
NInja'd.

I was gonna say that as an IT drone, the OP sounds *absolutely* like an IT directory.

No clue what goes on under the covers. No clue how testing is done or whether or not it has been done. Absolute faith in an artificially imposed external date (or has any here ever watched how Atari, the publisher, does business?). And no understanding that past experience (see CO forums the day of headstart when *it* went live) is probably an excellent indicator of how the next roll-out will go unless people learn lessons.

And here I sit, unable to log in or even go home because I am busy trying to meet some other IT Director's arbitrarily imposed deadline with no hope because he hasn't figured out that the model he is using failed last time and will fail again until he learns to ask the coders and sys admins what went wrong. (Or is that you, Dave? Maybe it's not some *other* IT Director. Would surprise me if Dave is a trekkie, but it would not surprise me if he played hookie today to try and get into the game.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-29-2010, 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbonFalcon View Post
NInja'd.

And here I sit, unable to log in or even go home because I am busy trying to meet some other IT Director's arbitrarily imposed deadline with no hope because he hasn't figured out that the model he is using failed last time and will fail again until he learns to ask the coders and sys admins what went wrong. (Or is that you, Dave? Maybe it's not some *other* IT Director. Would surprise me if Dave is a trekkie, but it would not surprise me if he played hookie today to try and get into the game.

ROTFLMAO

Man someone has a boss complex, let it go man ... let .. it .. goooo. Get drunk, get laid, and chillax.

You are completly correct. Upper management dont know richard about whats going on, when it comes to IT.

Sil