Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Lt. Commander
# 1 Too much instancing
01-29-2010, 07:34 PM
Hi!

I'm a relatively new player that played a little in Open Beta and now at the headstart. I think it's a fun game. Admittingly I think that there are many things that need to be worked on. One of these things that problaby caught my attention the most was the instancing.

I think that it's way too overused. Bringing in all these instances makes the universe seem so small. Not only that but the game is filled with loading screens everytime you want to go somewhere.

For the future I'd love to see alot less instancing. Open world zones that are big and full of life without loading screens. Big planets where people can beam in almost anywhere at will with enemy spawns on the map. Most of all I would value the freedom and the feeling that is in fact an open universe, and I also think that it would create big oppurtunities for good faction PvP.

It is problaby alot of work, but these things are stuff that I would love to see in this game. You can call me crazy but if these things were in the game it would make the whole Star Trek feel become alot more alive for me. After all, we are flying around in the universe. =)

if you had the patience to read this far I thank you. I just wanted to share my general feel of the game in it's current state and what could be done to make it a better playing experience. (In my opinion).

-Cel