Lt. Commander
# 1 BO ground abilities
01-29-2010, 04:38 PM
Sorry for asking what I assume is an easy answer. Did a search and couldn't find the answer...

I am a Tactical Captain Lt. lvl 3 atm...

My Science Bridge Officer has Tachyon Harmonic I: as her ability for ground combat. I would like her to have Medical Tricorder I: as the ability.

How would I go about getting her trained in it, or if she already has it, how do I get it as a usable skill?

Thanks in advance for the help...
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-29-2010, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfendt View Post
Sorry for asking what I assume is an easy answer. Did a search and couldn't find the answer...

I am a Tactical Captain Lt. lvl 3 atm...

My Science Bridge Officer has Tachyon Harmonic I: as her ability for ground combat. I would like her to have Medical Tricorder I: as the ability.

How would I go about getting her trained in it, or if she already has it, how do I get it as a usable skill?

Thanks in advance for the help...
I never upgraded my BO's abilities and yet my Science BO was a very effective with the medical tricorder.

I think you can buy the ability at the BO skill store on SOL or just put points into the BO's Medical Tricorder skill.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-29-2010, 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAK0 View Post
I never upgraded my BO's abilities and yet my Science BO was a very effective with the medical tricorder.

I think you can buy the ability at the BO skill store on SOL or just put points into the BO's Medical Tricorder skill.
The Science BO is not showing the Medical Tricorder skill, that's my issue. I'm trying to find out how (if I can) change her current ground skill for the MT skill.

Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-29-2010, 07:00 PM
Anyone? Bueller?
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-29-2010, 07:20 PM
On Earth Spacedock, in the Personel quadrant, there is a trainer that will exchange your BO's ability for another ability. It does cost a few Starfleet merits, but you probably have enough already just from the starter quests.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-29-2010, 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by salion2 View Post
On Earth Spacedock, in the Personel quadrant, there is a trainer that will exchange your BO's ability for another ability. It does cost a few Starfleet merits, but you probably have enough already just from the starter quests.
Thanks, just found it. Also found that the Human Female Science Officer has, imo, a better set of Space abilities than the default Trill Officer one that I have, for PvE at least.

The cost is 75 merits to swap out 1 ability or 100 merits to get an additional officer that has the Medical Tricorder (plus the next set of heals) plus a better PvE space ability in Tachyon Beam as opposed to Jam Sensors...

Thank you for the answer