Lt. Commander
The key that Amazon sent me when I pre ordered apparently was just one of their promo things.

I now, according to Amazon, can upgrade my shipping cost to get the game delivered on release day!

I was promised access to head start if I pre-ordered, and Amazon was the first retailer listed!

So, why can't I get into the head start?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-29-2010, 06:57 PM
The reply I made in your other thread

Short version: Amazon was only offering headstart codes to customers who preordered before a certain date (7th Jan). This is basically Amazon being, well, Amazon. The problem is with Amazon. Other retailers still issue headstart codes.

If Amazon gave you a code:- did you try entering it into your account here? If that's not a pre-order code, and you ordered only later in January, then...yeah, well.

Suggestion: contact STO (Cryptic) customer support directly; file a ticket with your situation, and say you have proof-of-purchase. They have been known to let people into headstart, if they were screwed over by the retailer. No guarantee of course; they must be swamped by now.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-29-2010, 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmack View Post
The key that Amazon sent me when I pre ordered apparently was just one of their promo things.

I now, according to Amazon, can upgrade my shipping cost to get the game delivered on release day!

I was promised access to head start if I pre-ordered, and Amazon was the first retailer listed!

So, why can't I get into the head start?
as far as i know the key you get when you pre order is supposed to be entered into your STO account, if you played the beta then i imagine you already did that, If not that you have to enter your key in the account section i believe..

other then that Amazon or Cryptic will have to fix the problem, most likely Amazon since thats where you got it from.

This is one reason why i will only buy games from retail stores or distributors such as Steam.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-29-2010, 07:00 PM
Yeah Cryptic are helping players out with the same problem as you have,get in touch with them and they will sort you out
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-29-2010, 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acyl View Post
The reply I made in your other thread

Short version: Amazon was only offering headstart codes to customers who preordered before a certain date (7th Jan). This is basically Amazon being, well, Amazon. The problem is with Amazon. Other retailers still issue headstart codes.

If Amazon gave you a code:- did you try entering it into your account here? If that's not a pre-order code, and you ordered only later in January, then...yeah, well.

Suggestion: contact STO (Cryptic) customer support directly; file a ticket with your situation, and say you have proof-of-purchase. They have been known to let people into headstart, if they were screwed over by the retailer. No guarantee of course; they must be swamped by now.
I pre-ordered after Jan 7th with Amazon US. I haven't tried to login as I have been at work, but will post any info in about 1.5 hours. It says on my account on the forums, I have Head-Start access. Guess I'll see then.

They are promoting Head Start access still on their website. I can't see them denying anyone at this point, as it's advertised still.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-29-2010, 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifter.Treysik
I pre-ordered after Jan 7th with Amazon US. I haven't tried to login as I have been at work, but will post any info in about 1.5 hours. It says on my account on the forums, I have Head-Start access. Guess I'll see then.

They are promoting Head Start access still on their website. I can't see them denying anyone at this point, as it's advertised still.
This may be the case for Amazon US; I fully admit I was talking more about Amazon UK.

Who really don't give out headstart codes if you ordered too late.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-29-2010, 07:35 PM
Quote:
This may be the case for Amazon US; I fully admit I was talking more about Amazon UK.

Who really don't give out headstart codes if you ordered too late.
Well I'll find out in about 45 minutes. I'll post an update once I try. I sure hjope so. I've been waiting eagerly for this day to end at work. I almost called in sick, but my wife would have skinned me if I called in sick to play a game, lol.

If it doesn't work, should I contact Cryptic? Create a ticket?
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-29-2010, 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifter.Treysik
Well I'll find out in about 45 minutes. I'll post an update once I try. I sure hjope so. I've been waiting eagerly for this day to end at work. I almost called in sick, but my wife would have skinned me if I called in sick to play a game, lol.

If it doesn't work, should I contact Cryptic? Create a ticket?
If they gave you a code, it should work. No reason not to. Don't panic if you can't log in the first couple times; the login/account servers are overstressed right now.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-29-2010, 07:46 PM
Quote:
If they gave you a code, it should work. No reason not to. Don't panic if you can't log in the first couple times; the login/account servers are overstressed right now.
Ah perfect, thanks.

Coderanger is actually looking into it. There is a post in the Dev Tracker. I posted there, just to be safe.

EDIT:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...36#post1768436