Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Lt. Commander
I've experienced numerous instances where the game client crashes to desktop during ground activity. It can happen during combat or simply while interacting with an item. It's happend at least half a dozen times so far and only during ground activity, never during space activity.

I had experienced a similar issue during open beta involving the D3D issues or something to do with my ATI card and assume this may be a reemergence of that unfortunate problem.

I had been using Catalyst driver 9.12 which had been working wonderfully during the latter part of open beta. After about my 3rd crash to desktop, I uinstalled 9.12 and installed the latest 10.1 drivers. The problem hasn't changed at all as I've crashed about 3 times since then. No noticeably increase or decrease in occurrence. Just more of the same.

I'm currently running a Radeon 4890 on a system using a Q6600 CPU with 4GB of RAM and Windows 7 x64.
I have all graphical details set to maximum and am running in windowed mode at 1600x1200 (though even when I go full screen the problem occurs.