Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 wow... just wow....
01-29-2010, 08:16 PM
i waited all this time for this?!?!?!?!

first and foremost i play stuff like this for the space game, and whats this? instanced space zones (small at that) freelancer/jumpgate/EVE is the space gameplay i was expecting... here we are doing space "levels" instead................ where is the free roaming space play i EXPECTED star trek to be?!??!?!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
01-29-2010, 08:18 PM
dont get me wrong i want to belive, but jesus, spore has better space play... i feel like im playing wing commander 3 but with restrictions on where i can go!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
01-29-2010, 08:19 PM
Don't be so severe now. Try "exploration" missions, I bet you'll love them.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
01-29-2010, 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delazure View Post
Don't be so severe now. Try "exploration" missions, I bet you'll love them.
i've got 30 days, but so far im pretty disheartened with this game.

if you ever played freelancer that was THE space game, but it was out before MMO'S and the small private run server's killed it.

they need to bring that level of "space play"
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
01-29-2010, 08:25 PM
one of the biggest things i hate so far is the warp cut away scenes. i had major hopes for a tail camera mid warp scenes or controlable, not just "push x to change locations"
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
01-29-2010, 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divitiacus
i waited all this time for this?!?!?!?!

first and foremost i play stuff like this for the space game, and whats this? instanced space zones (small at that) freelancer/jumpgate/EVE is the space gameplay i was expecting... here we are doing space "levels" instead................ where is the free roaming space play i EXPECTED star trek to be?!??!?!
Eve has a ludicrous amount of instancing, every single system is separate, every roid field is separate and missions send you into a part of space you have to search for with probes, I don't see how you think that is any more open.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
01-29-2010, 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delazure View Post
Don't be so severe now. Try "exploration" missions, I bet you'll love them.
Exploration missions are the best. I got one where I had to scan gorgons, it was awesome just because I didn't have to fire a single phaser.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
01-29-2010, 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by An_Heron
Exploration missions are the best. I got one where I had to scan gorgons
O Rly ? Thrilling.


(yaaawn)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
01-29-2010, 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skullforged View Post
Eve has a ludicrous amount of instancing, every single system is separate, every roid field is separate and missions send you into a part of space you have to search for with probes, I don't see how you think that is any more open.
I was wondering when someone is going to point this out.

So many people compare EVEO with STO and say "how good is EVE because of it's 'opennes' and no instancing" but the quoted poster is absolutely right, even though EVEO instances load a bit faster when you jump to a new system, they are still just instances.

For the record, I have no problem with instances whattsoever.
In fact, I love the fact that there aren't 100,000 starships orbiting Sol right now, few hours after launch.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
01-29-2010, 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skullforged View Post
Eve has a ludicrous amount of instancing, every single system is separate, every roid field is separate and missions send you into a part of space you have to search for with probes, I don't see how you think that is any more open.
but you could go to a system and on "impulse" between all the planets in the system. not circle one planet and thats it
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:21 AM.