Lt. Commander
# 1 Lag Issues
01-29-2010, 08:45 PM
Here are my comp specs so we can get the blame game of my computer being the problem out of the way:

CPU: AMD phenom 9850 Quadcore 2.50 Ghz
RAM: 6GB
Video: EVGA GTX 280 1GB
running off a 250GB sata drive
Windows 7 Ult. 64bit
Internet Speed on cox: 19mbs Down / 4mbs Up

With that said, I almost have to run this game on the lowest graphics settings to not experience terrible lag. My FPS is 5 - 12 at times with just a simple move of my mouse to check out whats around me. I lag when messages pop up, I lag walking around, I lag firing any gun, I lag at ALL times on the space station, and ETC.!

I must say this lag is disappointing. I had hoped for a smoother product so close to the 'actual' release date. Not another OB 2.0.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-29-2010, 09:09 PM
So your experiencing system "lag" with low FPS as opposed to " internet latency"? Its not like your system can't handle it, so have you checked your GPU temperature?
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-29-2010, 09:23 PM
I have checked my gpu temp. and it is fine. I have plenty of cooling in my tower and on my card.

And as far as lag vs latency, I couldn't say. I am leaning more towards system lag since I have found a thread addressing geforce cards. Going to install some old drivers and see if that does it (since that is what the thread recommends).