Lt. Commander
# 21
01-29-2010, 09:23 PM
shame it hasnt been smooth for us steam users. i got forcibly kicked from the client 10 minutes into the headstart then steam deleted all the files and started re downloading..... hope there will be some compensation for steam users. Steam has already lost me as a customer, lets hope Cryptic manages to pull something out of the hat to appease anyone who brought the game on steam. If not, then well I guess steam just alienated quite a few people against Cryptic...
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-29-2010, 09:24 PM
jan 29ths launch was only for people who went to the effort of making sure they got a preordere that allowed them to start the head start on jan 29th (mine starts feb 5th) and lifetime subscribers, so i'd wager maybe a third of the people that will play the game are currently playing, so don't get excited just yet, the global launch is feb 2nd and how that week goes will show how well cyptic have prepared for the capacity.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-29-2010, 09:24 PM
Steam players give this a try.
Turn off steam.
Go to my computer
go to the drive that steam is on.
find the steam folder, and the steamapps folder.
find the STO folder.
run the STO.exe ( or what ever the Exe is called )

but make sure steam is turned off.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-29-2010, 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durallan View Post
jan 29ths launch was only for people who went to the effort of making sure they got a preordere that allowed them to start the head start on jan 29th (mine starts feb 5th) and lifetime subscribers, so i'd wager maybe a third of the people that will play the game are currently playing, so don't get excited just yet, the global launch is feb 2nd and how that week goes will show how well cyptic have prepared for the capacity.
Having been through a couple headstarts, launch day is never worse than headstart launch day. But; that remains to be seen with STO. However, I expect it will be just fine.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-29-2010, 09:27 PM
What is this thread even trying to accomplish?
Closed Thread