Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
01-29-2010, 08:51 PM
"It's Cryptic."
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-29-2010, 09:05 PM
Humm... no server crash. A few small problems that were fixed in 20 min. Some minor rubber banding... meh... damn smooth MMO launch I woudl say.

My fleet and I flew missions all day and had a blast. Even getting one mate to say he was skeptical at first, but is really having fun.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-29-2010, 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragerx
So its not Beta its live so whats the apologists excuses now?
For.....????? I got home from work, created a character, played a cpl of hours, logged off, no problems here...
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-29-2010, 09:31 PM
Had they waited another 3 months, 6 months etc, there still would've been issues because there wasn't enough players to truly stress the server and find every potential bug. Think its bad now, wait until Feb 2nd when there is awhole lot more incoming.

Sometimes, its very difficult to replicate a bug - but the more players that come in - the more potential there is to replicate the bug and fix it. So come Feb 2nd, lag will be bad for some people, and more and more bugs will be hit.

This is true of every MMO launch. Anyone thinking SWTOR (an example because alot of trolls stated this will never happen to SWTOR in beta) will be a smooth launch and bug free, I have some ocean front property in Arizona thats almost a steal at the price I'll sell it for.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-29-2010, 10:16 PM
This seems like a good thread to ask this...

Do the graphics look worse? I am not trying to be factitous. But they just seem well, not as good. I dont know if its because I havent seen it for a few days and its like seeing it for the first time or if i had just gotten used to it. I was honestly wondering if they "toned" the quality down on their end hoping for a "smoother" ride at launch.
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-29-2010, 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chenchuan View Post
This seems like a good thread to ask this...

Do the graphics look worse? I am not trying to be factitous. But they just seem well, not as good. I dont know if its because I havent seen it for a few days and its like seeing it for the first time or if i had just gotten used to it. I was honestly wondering if they "toned" the quality down on their end hoping for a "smoother" ride at launch.
My graphics looks just the same as in beta - which is to say - they are top notch.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-29-2010, 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynicalyouth

I have also seen games go the other way and thats worse, when they launch with 10 servers get everyone spread out people complain about areas being devoid of people and the world seeming barren and leave then a few months later they combine the servers down to 3 to try and fix it. Its not an exact science and its a lot harder then you would think.
not only is it worse for the players it's bad PR for a game to insitute server merges as that makes folks assume the game is dieing, even if the population is stable and even increaseing from what it was 6 months prior.
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-30-2010, 12:33 AM
Enjoying the heck out of this game. But I'm not a troll. What's your excuse for dumping useless threads...Troll?
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-30-2010, 01:15 AM
My biggest complaint is that the UI is *horrible*:

1. Not being able to see NPC names except by mouseover. Showing your own name *never* works, regardless of how you set up the HUD options.
2. No way to see Mission rewards after accepting the mission.
3. No way to have multiple chat windows.
4. Chat font is terrible, hard to read and not good at small text sizes.
5. Bridge Officer UI on ground missions is impossible to understand. There are no onscreen indicators of who they're targeting. You can't seen to keybind their abilities (or any other method of controlling them).
6. Skill point descriptions are often ambiguous, don't explain things well enough.
7. Character creator woefully short on options. Not enough head options, hair options, etc.
8. Uniform pips don't change correctly on promotion.

Overall, am I having fun? Yeah. It's just all these small things, bugs that should have been fixed, UI options that should have been thought through more, all the things that make a game seem polished. This game still feels like a beta, that they need another year in development. Hopefully a year from now these things will be fixed. But for now, I'm probably just going to play my month, then take a long break until someone tells me all these things are fixed.
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-30-2010, 01:25 AM
Honestly? I haven't seen a bug, haven't had a server crash, haven't had more than one issue in the game this headstart. And that was when my cat stepped on the off switch to my surge protector