Lt. Commander
# 1 BOP Crew
01-29-2010, 10:59 PM
Is it just me or is your crew always dead? I've played quite a few matches today and for some reason i lose all my crew even my hull ever being touched (no deaths either). Worst part of it is no hull repair
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-29-2010, 11:17 PM
Get used to it, if a fly hits your view screen your entire crew will die.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-29-2010, 11:20 PM
They are redshirts after all.
they die when the shields go down .2%
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-29-2010, 11:25 PM
Have you looked at your bridge? Seriously? Its the size of a football stadium, and the captains chair is way up in the air. Clearly, what is happening, is that shaking from the weapon impacts are causing your bridge crew to fall to their deaths, repeatedly.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 02:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinistersniper View Post
Is it just me or is your crew always dead? I've played quite a few matches today and for some reason i lose all my crew even my hull ever being touched (no deaths either). Worst part of it is no hull repair
Don't be too close to another ship when it blows, because that will kill crew even if your shields are full. Or (once you have it) use brace for impact. I believe all torpedoes have a chance to do "crew damage" and I think quantums have an increased chance. Plus it's more noticeable for early level Klingon's because our early ships have such small crews compared to Feds.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2010, 02:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tain View Post
Have you looked at your bridge? Seriously? Its the size of a football stadium, and the captains chair is way up in the air. Clearly, what is happening, is that shaking from the weapon impacts are causing your bridge crew to fall to their deaths, repeatedly.
Do me a favor and put your charcter in a confined space. Now try to rotate the camera around. Now you know why bridges are larger.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2010, 02:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedisp View Post
Do me a favor and put your charcter in a confined space. Now try to rotate the camera around. Now you know why bridges are larger.
I love how these complaints come up. It's like these guys have never played a 3rd person game before. Pretty much all 3rd person perspective games (MMO's in particular) have to design their interiors larger than normal to prevent camera issues. The only way around that is to clone the Diablo method of "removing the roof".
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-30-2010, 02:46 AM
Quote:
Do me a favor, play any of the other 3d games, mmos included, that feature third person camera and non oversized interiors. Like I have. SWG is a good starting point, as its the same genre, and even features spaceship interiors. Ones that move, even. Or how about you do some level design yourself?

The scale used in this game is not necessary, not by any stretch of the imagination.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-30-2010, 02:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tain View Post
Do me a favor, play any of the other 3d games, mmos included, that feature third person camera and non oversized interiors. Like I have. SWG is a good starting point, as its the same genre, and even features spaceship interiors. Ones that move, even.
The interiors are indeed larger. And what a surprise there are camera issues in the YT-1300s AND Courier's cockpit. Less talking from you.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-30-2010, 02:57 AM
Quote:
The interiors are indeed larger. And what a surprise there are camera issues in the YT-1300s cockpit. Less talking from you.
No, there aren't. I have no issues with my camera inside any of the POB ships, or the underground bases, or frankly, anything. Thats not even consider the, you know, other games that do not freakishly overscale their interiors which is, well, most of them?

Camera problems in a PoB cockpit? I never saw them.

Of course, if you have a picture of an insurmountable camera issue in a cockpit during normal play, post it and enlighten me, otherwise, STFU.

Also, if you had bothered to read any of the previous 500 threads on this topic, which you clearly haven't, you would know most of the issues people take with these interiors is the freakish extent that cryptic oversized them, not that they were oversized in general.