Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 40 Kills Really?
01-29-2010, 09:48 PM
Thats just a long time, maybe 20 kills 15 was great, even 30 but 40. Really just to long.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
01-29-2010, 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorahaden
Thats just a long time, maybe 20 kills 15 was great, even 30 but 40. Really just to long.
I have to agree. 40 feels very excessive. Not only that but rewards for winning seem to have been cut but 66-75% of what they were before the change. So it's turned into get 2.5x the amount of kills for 24-33% of the reward.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
01-29-2010, 10:03 PM
/signed

I'd recommend trying 25 or 30.

Hopefully they're keeping tabs on PvP mission length and either will adjust the win conditions or the rewards according to how long an average match takes. Assimilated Cruiser is averaging about twice as long as Cracked Planet or Solar Wind for me.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
01-29-2010, 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamz
/signed

I'd recommend trying 25 or 30.

Hopefully they're keeping tabs on PvP mission length and either will adjust the win conditions or the rewards according to how long an average match takes. Assimilated Cruiser is averaging about twice as long as Cracked Planet or Solar Wind for me.
Yep, though the stun and instant kills are worse than I remember open beta.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
01-29-2010, 10:31 PM
The problem isnt the 40 kills. its when the system starts the maps without full teams or creates uneven teams. With full teams it goes realy fast. LOL. Unless they add some silly death penalty which adds a time sink to it.

What we should really be asking is for the queue to not start maps unless there is a minimum number on both sides.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
01-29-2010, 10:33 PM
You guys have ruined what was close to being a horrible PvP system already, 40 kills wtf is that about, now it takes forever to lvl and still no pve content and now Fed has some ****ing FvF. I tried to give the game the benefit of the doubt but this just plane sucks ass!! lvl 8 takes forever to lvl by doing PvP now, wtf about when im Lt 15 or so??? FAIL!!! I just have a feeling you guys will never get it rite!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
The only posts regarding PvP that I saw in early OB were about how we needed more kills because the matches were too short. And now everyone is complaining that more kills makes it too long.

Everyone wants something different, at least they're trying.

To all of you who posted in here offering suggestions and being understanding, kudos.

To kovah, you're an idiot. You made 8 ranks today in a 50 rank game, if that's too slow you're obviously not going to be a "long term player" so I doubt anyone values your opinion. Especially when you post with ****ing this and "FAIL!!!" that. Take your forum-gangsta act somewhere else until you can act like an adult.

I really need to stop reading the forums, they just make me see the worst in society.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
01-29-2010, 11:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnStreutker View Post
The only posts regarding PvP that I saw in early OB were about how we needed more kills because the matches were too short. And now everyone is complaining that more kills makes it too long.

Everyone wants something different, at least they're trying.

To all of you who posted in here offering suggestions and being understanding, kudos.

To kovah, you're an idiot. You made 8 ranks today in a 50 rank game, if that's too slow you're obviously not going to be a "long term player" so I doubt anyone values your opinion. Especially when you post with ****ing this and "FAIL!!!" that. Take your forum-gangsta act somewhere else until you can act like an adult.

I really need to stop reading the forums, they just make me see the worst in society.
Well ground was the fastest way to get xp before they made some changes, but if it's going to be 40 kills they need to adjust the xp for the amount of time it takes.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
01-29-2010, 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnStreutker View Post
The only posts regarding PvP that I saw in early OB were about how we needed more kills because the matches were too short. And now everyone is complaining that more kills makes it too long.

Everyone wants something different, at least they're trying.

To all of you who posted in here offering suggestions and being understanding, kudos.

To kovah, you're an idiot. You made 8 ranks today in a 50 rank game, if that's too slow you're obviously not going to be a "long term player" so I doubt anyone values your opinion. Especially when you post with ****ing this and "FAIL!!!" that. Take your forum-gangsta act somewhere else until you can act like an adult.

I really need to stop reading the forums, they just make me see the worst in society.
You do realize that Klingons get to Lt. 6 automatically right?

You also realize that the last few weeks of Open Beta everyone was complaining about the 40 kills. The reality is that the kills before were 15 they increased the ground kill numbers by 266.666% and did not increase the rewards for that. Furthermore, the time has now increased beyond what the average space PvP match takes.

Finally, remember Klinks only have PvP and Kahless to get them through. We don't have Episodes, so now they forced us to hate certain ground PvP maps because they have become a stupid and pointless grind.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
01-29-2010, 11:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnStreutker View Post
The only posts regarding PvP that I saw in early OB were about how we needed more kills because the matches were too short. And now everyone is complaining that more kills makes it too long.

Everyone wants something different, at least they're trying.

To all of you who posted in here offering suggestions and being understanding, kudos.

To kovah, you're an idiot. You made 8 ranks today in a 50 rank game, if that's too slow you're obviously not going to be a "long term player" so I doubt anyone values your opinion. Especially when you post with ****ing this and "FAIL!!!" that. Take your forum-gangsta act somewhere else until you can act like an adult.

I really need to stop reading the forums, they just make me see the worst in society.
i quit 3 ground games today because it was just 2-3 people. There is no way of knowing when or if more people will join. Like me and this other guy are supposed to duel 40X? The other day I made an agreement with the other side we were 2 against his 1 that we'd just kill him so he could get his 25 deaths and we could get some xp. Well out of no where 3 more people pop in on his side and they just slaughter us. So we are hopelessly outnumbers AND split up because of spawning. The queuing needs some work.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:20 AM.