Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Builds, Powers, and Game Mechanics
Login

Lt. Commander
I've noticed that with BO quest rewards and with the ones whom request to join your crew, that they tend to have certain abilities before you choose/equip them, then what they have afterwards. Anyone else seeing this?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-29-2010, 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHawk View Post
I've noticed that with BO quest rewards and with the ones whom request to join your crew, that they tend to have certain abilities before you choose/equip them, then what they have afterwards. Anyone else seeing this?
I accepted the quest to get a guy with Attack Pattern Omega III but when he was in my inventory he had Delta. I checked the quest a bunch of times to get that ability so I was surprised when I saw Delta but I figured I misread or something. Guess it could have been a bug.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 01:24 AM
I /bugged this too, previewed an uncommon engi I was going to get from a reward, had some decent stuff, engi team, boarding party, etc, then I review it again under assignments after i 'picked it up' and noticed now she had emergency shields 1, and some other stuff, basically all the ground/space skills changed. Kinda sad, that first version actually looked pretty good and made me think about ditching my 'common' engi from the tutorial.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 01:30 AM
this happened to me, but fairly certain this is a new bug. it wasn't in the beta.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 02:57 AM
No I saw this in the Beta but didnt remember which mission it was to bug it. Basically i chose the boff for one single ability i wanted and he didnt have it when i got around to adding him.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2010, 03:06 AM
I remember reading a thread with others mentioning the same thing happening back in Beta.

If you think it is bad this time wait till it happens when you get yourself a rare BO.

You will find you could have gotten that great skill trained to an existing BO and when you commission the Rare BO the skills all get changed and you lose all those juicy skill III''s.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2010, 03:08 AM
Saw it several times during OB; only seemed to affect BO quest rewards (when they actually worked).

Not had it yet in live, but then I'm avoiding BO as reward where possible (crewed up from requisitions...)
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-30-2010, 11:34 PM
So I'm not losing my mind? Thanks! lol... Seriously, I was wondering if I was just misreading these things. But its happened more then once, and yeah.. I lost some good stuff from a rare bo as well.

/shrugs

Hope tihs is on the list of things they will be fixing in the near future. But first things first, we need to get those servers stable!
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-31-2010, 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHawk View Post
Yes I have. What you see is not what you always get as something is buggy with this currently.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-31-2010, 12:30 AM
Yep, happened to me too.