Lt. Commander
# 91
01-29-2010, 08:47 PM
Sorry for posting this twice in 2 threads but im really losing patience.

I have followed each step explained and have managed to get the DL down to a 1.5gb patch. The problem now is the client crashes after 30 or so seconds. Any ideas?

Oh and thank you very much for the help so far guys. Really its great to know that there are some people who are actually helpful. Heck maybe Cryptic could do with employing you. It seems you outperform their current staff anyway...
Lt. Commander
# 92
01-29-2010, 08:48 PM
so after id redownloaded from steam for w/e reason it wanted, i ran the launcher and it did a 59mb patch and i played with no problems for two hours.
Lt. Commander
# 93
01-29-2010, 08:57 PM
Oop. Im not sure what I was doing wrong or if at all I was but ive managed to get it working properly now... Thanks a lot guys and especially you Dammerung!
Lt. Commander
# 94
01-29-2010, 09:12 PM
Dammerung,

Thank you so very much for this solution! You are a genius.

Lt. Commander
# 95
01-29-2010, 09:32 PM
tried to use shadowexplorer but it failed to show the drive that I installed steam onto sadly. oh well.. guess I'll have to try the 10gig solution.
Lt. Commander
# 96
01-29-2010, 09:45 PM
Has anyone completed the Steam re-download? Did the auto patcher have to redo all the beta patches? If so, how big was the patch?

I'm trying to patch the whole 10 gigs through the auto patcher but its going at < 30kb/s so its going to take 6 days at this rate... I want to know if using Steam to download will be faster in the end.
Lt. Commander
# 97
01-29-2010, 10:53 PM
I downloaded the whole thing again and it still won't work.

Trying it by downloading the Beta then I guess patching that Beta to current..
Lt. Commander
# 98
01-29-2010, 11:26 PM
So, Cryptic, between your failure to adequately deliver all those little marketing trinkets promises that had me eager to pre-order and pay in full, and this... this consortium with Steam (whom I had already paid for the game in full through weeks ago) deleting my client and forcing me to download it again eating another 10gb out of my monthly download limit (yes, I live in a country where download limits still exist) - so between all of this, why exactly is it that you think you deserve my money, the same money that you were so avidly honey-tongued and white-lying to get at with these "bonuses" that have become more and more ambiguous right up until release? Moreso than that, why shouldn't I take this crap to my country's fair trading ombudsman? You've all the needed details to contact me regarding this, Cryptic. I mean, you've already used them to try and squirrel more cash out of me with promises you've thus far been unable to keep with countless others who did pay.
Lt. Commander
# 99
01-29-2010, 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefferies_Pubes
So, Cryptic, between your failure to adequately deliver all those little marketing trinkets promises that had me eager to pre-order and pay in full, and this... this consortium with Steam (whom I had already paid for the game in full through weeks ago) deleting my client and forcing me to download it again eating another 10gb out of my monthly download limit (yes, I live in a country where download limits still exist) - so between all of this, why exactly is it that you think you deserve my money, the same money that you were so avidly honey-tongued and white-lying to get at with these "bonuses" that have become more and more ambiguous right up until release? Moreso than that, why shouldn't I take this crap to my country's fair trading ombudsman? You've all the needed details to contact me regarding this, Cryptic. I mean, you've already used them to try and squirrel more cash out of me with promises you've thus far been unable to keep with countless others who did pay.
/sigh. you do know youre gonna get that stuff on LAUNCH day, right? my god, some people......
Lt. Commander
# 100
01-29-2010, 11:29 PM
Gotta love people who didn't think to download the client from Cryptic themselves prior to headstart.

LOL