Lt. Commander
# 11
01-30-2010, 01:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironfungus View Post
Besides for the inevitable "rubber banding" going on (which I understand entirely), the game runs like absolute crap. My machine destroys the recommended system requirements for this game, so I know it's not my PC.

The game has been pretty fun thus far, but by release I was hoping that it would be optimized. Doesn't look like that's going to happen. There also seems to be a major input lag regarding movement (WASD) and camera rotation.
ya, its running perfectly on my computer. its an issue on your end based on the massive amounts of replies

Quote:
Post videos of Star Trek Online including your frames per second, and then we'll discuss if the problem lies on my end or not. Again, we are not on the same page.
and I why do I need to post a video to prove that its running perfectly? 60 fps.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-30-2010, 01:55 AM
Quote:
Besides for the inevitable "rubber banding" going on (which I understand entirely), the game runs like absolute crap. My machine destroys the recommended system requirements for this game, so I know it's not my PC.

The game has been pretty fun thus far, but by release I was hoping that it would be optimized. Doesn't look like that's going to happen. There also seems to be a major input lag regarding movement (WASD) and camera rotation.
Probably time to upgrade that 486 then eh?
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-30-2010, 01:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narakhi
Probably time to upgrade that 486 then eh?
rofl.

As far as tech issues go, sluggish controls whatever. No matter how good the system is that you are playing on it is always possible to screw something up. Without even knowing it.

As far as the game goes......it runs perfectly!
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-30-2010, 02:02 AM
Quote:
Post videos of Star Trek Online including your frames per second, and then we'll discuss if the problem lies on my end or not. Again, we are not on the same page.
What? lol.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-30-2010, 02:03 AM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 (512mb)
Memory: 3070MB (800mhz)
Processor: Intel E8400 @ 3.00GHz

Graphics drivers are up to date, and there's nothing wrong with my PC. No other game gives me crap performance like this game does.

Also,

Low FPS

Lag Issues

and

FPS in Star Trek Online.

Back when City of Heroes first came out, there was a problem very much like this going on. It took them a while but now the game is fine. I'm guessing it's the same deal, but they could have worked on optimization before releasing the game. Anything else is just plain lazy.

For the people in this thread going on about their perfect frame rate, post videos or it didn't happen. It's not a problem on my end, for I just recently wiped my machine so it's impossible to have "screwed it up". This problem is very common in new MMORPGs, so I have come to expect it until they figure out how to optimize it.

"It's just the game, wait for some patches and hopefully the performance issues will be sorted out. Also, try posting on the forums, see if you'll get any similar experiences from others, or help from the devs."
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-30-2010, 02:05 AM
i got the 1gig version of the same card you have got, plus a tripple core phemon 2.3 but im running win7 64with 4 gig of ram and i dont get no problems with frame loss the only thing i can recomend is that you turn off dynamic lighting and shadows its meant to be a real card killer in terms of fps.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-30-2010, 02:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awarkle View Post
i got the 1gig version of the same card you have got, plus a tripple core phemon 2.3 but im running win7 64with 4 gig of ram and i dont get no problems with frame loss the only thing i can recomend is that you turn off dynamic lighting and shadows its meant to be a real card killer in terms of fps.
Thanks, I'll try that.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-30-2010, 02:26 AM
Demanding that people post proof of their game running smoothly is, well... (there is no other way to put this) completely absurd.

It's as if you are claiming that because it doesn't run well on your system, it can't possibly run well on any other system. As if they are all built exactly like yours. These are not consoles, hardware varies massively.

Does it now occur to you how ridiculously silly demanding to see 'videos of STO running well' are?

Post in the support forum and try to get some legitimate help, otherwise this thread was simple trolling.

Edit: Oh, and the game runs great. Feel free to hold your breath while waiting for the 'video proof'.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-30-2010, 02:27 AM
Quote:

how about you post yours lagging first? coz i do not believe you either. whooomp, gotcha.
and suuuurely it's not a prob on your side, 80% are playing just fine, how could it be you? our mistake, rest is obviously using some "good connection" hack *G*
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-30-2010, 02:37 AM
The game ran better for me in OB then it does now. However I made the mistake of upgrading to Vista SP 1 just because I was tired of the freakin' update popup thing.

I figure in a few days I'll get used to it and won't notice it anymore.

ONe thing that has been fixed is the occasional empty little boxes dancing around my screen. However, in some zones when my weapons fire (ground zones) the floor tiles turn black in sync with the gun fires.

I knew I shouldn't of updated to SP1.

Simple things can go all kinds of wonky on your system.

It's also up to you to supply the burden of proof that your system is not running fine. You're the one making the oriiginal statement. In a court of law you have to proof your problem first, then it's up to the other side to try and disprove it. Pretty much the same way in the scientific process, you have to prove your theory otherwise it's just words.
Closed Thread