Lt. Commander
As the title states, what's the excatly difference between common, uncommon and rare BOffs. So far I haven't seen any. Or I'm just blind.

Screenshots for clarification would be greatly appreciated!
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 03:22 AM
Mostly it's enhanced traits, occasionally you'll get rare BO skills from them. Since you can use them to train your existing crew's skills, the only real thing is the traits...
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 03:24 AM
I must be blind...traits seem the same to me...have to check once I get one...haven't got one as of yet. Just asking in advance.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 03:26 AM
TBH, the only way you'll really notice the trait thing is if you know the basic traits in advance, or have another officer of the same race you can compare with (well, one that has thoswe traits as well anyway). And with the lower ranked BOs, you might be less likely to see the rare skills...
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 03:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slough-3yeZ
I must be blind...traits seem the same to me...have to check once I get one...haven't got one as of yet. Just asking in advance.
Every once in a while, a green or blue BOff will have soemthing like "Advanced Leadership" instead of "Basic Leadership".

They will also occassionally have a III version of an ability such as High Yield Torpedo III.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2010, 03:48 AM
Ah, gotcha! Will check it out once I get one...thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 7 differnt
01-30-2010, 04:07 AM
if it is colored it is better it goes green,blue,purple
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-30-2010, 06:02 AM
From what I been hearing if you get one you might be better off training the best skill to an existing BO already assigned because when you recruit the new BO into your crew for some reason the skills change and you end up not getting what you thought you were gonna get.

Can anyone clarify this bug?
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-30-2010, 06:39 AM
Rare bridge officers can also have cosmetic differences. For example, you can (currently) only recruit female trill science officers. I was rewarded with a blue Trill science officer who had some improved skills, but more importantly was male, which is not currently available for recruitment.

Also, when I hit admiral in OB, I was awarded a "very rare" (purple) trill tactical officer, which was female, and currently only male Tac officers can be recruited. I had made a female alien tac officer to customize to look like a trill when I was a LT. as I couldn't recruit one, but apparently they are rewardable as very rare items.