Lt. Commander
# 21
01-30-2010, 03:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataq
DIdn't Spock say something about sacrifiing the needs of the few for the needs of the many?

There is a time where it affects the least people, and EU primetime is not it.

Actually, what really ticks me off is that I could hardly play last night because Steam decided that not only did I need to redownload all 10GBs again, but once I did DL it all, it wasn't going to work anyway and just crash on the launcher. So I log on this morning having hardly played (all I did was char creation last night) and I get 30 mins before downtime. I guess things can only get better, but I am quite ****ed off atm.

Everyone who is getting games by steam when there are other ways to get them wins a /facepalm
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-30-2010, 03:32 AM
I never said a bad word about this game, but I really need this to get off my chest.

Why doing maintenance in the weekend? And why does have it to be on this time?

Headstart was a failure for those who bought Lifetime. I had to wait 6 hours (right before I went to bed) so I could choose the Borg character. Now I am awake, and the server is down...

For me the headstart was a complete failure. I would like to see some compensation for the LifeTimers
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-30-2010, 03:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo2008jedi
Bringing the server down at this time for 2 hours is pretty disappointing.

I understand the need for maintenance, but if its 1100GMT it harms the EU player, Cryptic please reconsider this schedule.

Thanks

oh...bring it back ASAP
It wont.

Would you rather they never patched or developed the game further?
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-30-2010, 03:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perdo_cassius View Post
It is because most of their customers are in North America. get used to it.
Nah, I would expect that it's because most of the customers who pre-ordered have used shops in North America to get the pre-order bonuses.

Atleast I did, twice.
Lt. Commander
# 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainRAVE View Post
It wont.

Silly comments on every MMO forum
Lt. Commander
# 26
Quote:
He's not saying that - he's saying that midday on EU servers on a Saturday is RIDICULOUS. Choose a better time, Cryptic.

By the way, we're all working to the assumption here that Cryptic are US-centric and have already decided that all server maintanence will be at times to SCREW OVER EU players. If that assumption is incorrect, this thread doesn't really apply.
Lt. Commander
# 27
Has it not occurred to anyone that Cryptic may not have had a patch available until now? Patches don't grow on tree's you know :p
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-30-2010, 03:35 AM
There may be a soulution...

Have servers in the UK/EU and US like WOW/ LOTRO etc etc select time for maintenance/updates in the early hours when most ppl are asleep.
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-30-2010, 03:36 AM
I sacrificed my lie in today to get a few hours playtime before my girlfriend comes round, oh well she'll just have to put up with me playing it when shes here
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-30-2010, 03:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perdo_cassius View Post
It is because most of their customers are in North America. get used to it.
I really doubt there are more customers in NA to be honest