Lt. Commander
I have to wait for the game to go 100% public for my pre-order gifts. Otherwise i'm loving STO
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 03:53 AM
Well, personally I can understand the logic behind them not allowing the majority of the free in-game items until the retail key is entered.

After all, they are rewards for purchasing and owning the retail key, not the headstart key.
Otherwise people would just be pre-ordering the game, assigning the key, getting access to headstart and then cancelling their pre-order and then order from elsewhere to get a different gift. And thus only be charged for one single copy of the game.

Besides the gifts are a reward for buying the game, and the game officially start in the next few days. Headstart is incidental.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 04:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarka View Post
Well, personally I can understand the logic behind them not allowing the majority of the free in-game items until the retail key is entered.

After all, they are rewards for purchasing and owning the retail key, not the headstart key.
Otherwise people would just be pre-ordering the game, assigning the key, getting access to headstart and then cancelling their pre-order and then order from elsewhere to get a different gift. And thus only be charged for one single copy of the game.

Besides the gifts are a reward for buying the game, and the game officially start in the next few days. Headstart is incidental.
Perfect solution (for us) would be, belate release 4 days and have ppl on preorder start with retailkeys.
(for them its probably a loss of profit though)