Lt. Commander
# 41
01-30-2010, 04:02 AM
Well the game has kept me up all night so probably a good thing they brought it down. I seriously doubt that this is going to be "normal" downtime considering it is a weekend and I have never known any game to have patch day on the weekend. They are probably just bringing it down to address some of the issues people have had during the first day. Luckily I haven't really seen any major issues. At least it is planned downtime instead of a server crash or some other failure.
Lt. Commander
# 42
01-30-2010, 04:08 AM
I'm from the UK and i don't see the problem.

Then again i am a eve-online player as well so i may just be used to it as they have downtime everyday at 11 - 12 GMT. i just hope they manage to get the patches down to 1hr if its going to be a regular thing.

on that note...eve should be back up any min so i will occupy myself with that till STO is back up.

also gives me the chance to update my GFX drivers
Lt. Commander
# 43
01-30-2010, 04:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoshi_Ikari
Please change scheduled downtimes to be from 7am-10am PST.

Downtime right now hits smack dab in the middle of the Asia Pacific Prime Times. You do care about other markets, right? 7am-10amPST wouldn't be U.S. Primetime, and it would be EU Early afternoon, which isn't primetime either, provided we're talking about weekdays. Taking the servers down at all on the weekends is an instant kill IMO....
This sounds like a pretty good time slot to me. Most North Americans would be heading to work or school at this time, Europeans would probably still be at work or school, and being around 2:00 to 4:00 in the morning in East Asia, most people here would be sleeping.
Lt. Commander
# 44
01-30-2010, 04:19 AM
There's a new patch on the loader....download now if you haven't already
Lt. Commander
# 45
01-30-2010, 04:20 AM
Oh it's also back up....
Lt. Commander
# 46
01-30-2010, 04:21 AM
A sidenote:
Right now it says "Server up" on the support page: http://www.startrekonline.com/support

But on the launcher it says down. Notised that b4.