Lt. Commander
This caught my eye:
"and Chief Medical Officer Beverly Crusher, who briefly serves as head of Starfleet Medical before returning to the Enterprise."

She served as head of Starfleet medical once before, check episode 1 in the second season of "The Next Generation".
I find it hard to belive that they would assign the same person the same position twice over a 20 year period.
Lt. Commander
# 22
08-29-2008, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hathaway View Post
Nice going Kestrel. Don't know if you were a fan before you picked up STO, but if not you could have fooled me:p.
True story: I never watched a single episode of Trek until I was in college.

I grew up in a rural area of Indiana, and I didn't know anyone who was into sci-fi, so I was never really exposed to it. Once I got to college and met my husband, my eyes were opened to all of the wonderful stuff I was missing and I became a fanatic.
Lt. Commander
# 23
08-29-2008, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
As far as Tal'aura goes, I've found her name spelled differently (Tel'aura, Tal'aura, Tal'Aura, Tel'Aura) in different sources.
That never happens! Except for how it always does... Trek and Star Wars seem to have it worst, fantastical as they are.

As much as I envy you your job, I... don't envy you your job. It's a strange state of existence that I'm in.

Very much looking forward to the subsequent updates. How long 'til we get to hear about Bajor, do you think, in terms of number-of-timeline-updates? My skipper is anxious to hear tale of her home.
Lt. Commander
# 24
08-29-2008, 02:32 PM
Wonderful simply wonderful! It sounds like you all have been reading the post Nemesis books, as I noted many characters that were mentioned in Star Trek: Titan.

I eagerly await the next episode of "The Path to 2409"!
Lt. Commander
# 25
08-29-2008, 02:35 PM
Kestrel and I are the readers of the group. I'm right now reading the Worlds of Deep Space Nine: Cardassia and Andor. Finished Cardassia and now into Andor.
Lt. Commander
# 26
08-29-2008, 02:38 PM
This is a great start to what I sure will be a wonderous content rich game. As far as Canon LF will certainly be adding these events to our Star Fleet History courses. Great Job!!

I do have one question though. If STO is 30 years past Nemesis, the Star Trek Universe seems to be a really bleak and dark place considering that right off the start there really is very little sign of life getting back to normal and the Starfleet getting back to its exploring roots. I guess we have to wait and see but 30 years of conflict seems as though it would take a toll on all factions within the game.
Lt. Commander
# 27
08-29-2008, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shatterhand
so don't quote me on that.
Had to be done.

Great to see loads of research going into this project. It's the first time I've been part of an official community so early pre-launch and its hard to imagine a better one, I mean at least once a week you guys have had new stuff up to keep us interested. Keep it up.
Lt. Commander
# 28
08-29-2008, 02:42 PM
Well done Kestrel, already intriguing. I look foreward to more...
Lt. Commander
# 29
08-29-2008, 02:43 PM
I must say I'm really encouraged you guys are going through the series AND books, it demonstrates to me that you're really taking the issue of recreating the universe seriously... something I'm sure many fans like myself appreciate. And of course I'm hoping you're enjoying them too lol
Lt. Commander
# 30
08-29-2008, 02:45 PM
I see a lot was borrowed from Novels currently out, quite a lot from the Titan relaunch by the looks of it.
Closed Thread