Survivor of Romulus
# 161
06-07-2014, 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alchevsk1992 View Post
Don't know if this a bug or something but when i was working on my Foundry mission, i tried to put an object, like a PADD on a desk. The Y axis is very annoying, i put a number on it to specify what height it will be, but it keeps on changing the number i put and i end up with a PADD that is "floating" in mid air about half a foot above the desk. Can you guys fix this please.
You need to turn on "Snap to Grid" it is one of the buttons on the top right of the 2D map.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Lieutenant
# 162
06-07-2014, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
You need to turn on "Snap to Grid" it is one of the buttons on the top right of the 2D map.
oh okay, so that's what it is for lol i'ma freaking noob. Thank you btw.
Starfleet Veteran
# 163
06-07-2014, 04:37 PM
We've all made that mistake.

@greendragoon
Lieutenant
# 164
06-13-2014, 09:37 PM
I have some weird problem going on my foundry mission, every time I engage an enemy npc in a space battle, it jumps. It either jumps that it is behind me with a friendly npc that is attacking it or it jumps forward, beyond 10km.

One moment it is in front of me then the next it is somewhere else. I have no clue what causes this.

Last edited by alchevsk1992; 06-14-2014 at 12:40 PM.
Commander
# 165
06-27-2014, 12:26 PM
I've discovered recently that in space maps, using a place marker as your map exit is a good way to stop the map transfer happening. This is very annoying and can't possibly be working as intended.
I am NikkoJT, Foundry author and terrible player. Follow me!
Starfleet Veteran
# 166
06-27-2014, 12:55 PM
Quote:
I have some weird problem going on my foundry mission, every time I engage an enemy npc in a space battle, it jumps. It either jumps that it is behind me with a friendly npc that is attacking it or it jumps forward, beyond 10km.

One moment it is in front of me then the next it is somewhere else. I have no clue what causes this.
This is the (0,0,0) bug. It's a known issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkojt View Post
I've discovered recently that in space maps, using a place marker as your map exit is a good way to stop the map transfer happening. This is very annoying and can't possibly be working as intended.
I'm not entirely sure you're suppose to be able to set a reach marker as a map exit. I think the bug may be that it's an option at all.

Just a note as a workaround, you can set a reach objective just before the map exit and just have the door be entire map.

@greendragoon
Rihannsu
# 167
06-27-2014, 06:17 PM
Entire map is a good idea as a general practice anyways.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 168
06-30-2014, 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkojt View Post
Thanks for the report.
Commander
# 169
06-30-2014, 07:54 PM
Quote:
oh okay, so that's what it is for lol i'ma freaking noob. Thank you btw.
Just as a little more help when "translation snap to grid" is on and you move or long click an object it will move at a rate of 1 unit and reset any manual x, y, z coordinates you made.

1 unit left/right (x) and up/down (z) is 0.610 m (as viewed on the 2D editing map). 1 unit vertically up/down (y) is a little more uncertain but still moves in chunks of around 0.610 m, I think 2 units +/- y is actually "1 unit".

Just remember, if you need to make manual edits to an object turn translation snap to grid off and make sure it is off before clicking/moving that object again.
Rihannsu
# 170
06-30-2014, 08:01 PM
What radius was the place marker? If you forgot to set the radius to be larger than one, people will have a hard time reaching it.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.