Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
So, I was looking forward to making my Borg captain... And having fun with the one I made.
That said, why is it that the screenshot of the Borg Bridge Officer shows the Bridge Officer looking very Borg (as opposed to looking like a vaguely Borg-ish Starfleet type) while the Liberated Borg Captain is forced into a standard Starfleet uniform?

Can I please have the rest of my Borg captain?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
01-30-2010, 05:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khrysanth View Post
So, I was looking forward to making my Borg captain... And having fun with the one I made.
That said, why is it that the screenshot of the Borg Bridge Officer shows the Bridge Officer looking very Borg (as opposed to looking like a vaguely Borg-ish Starfleet type) while the Liberated Borg Captain is forced into a standard Starfleet uniform?

Can I please have the rest of my Borg captain?

Yep, you don't even get the laser eyes, and that borg nano thingy sucks ass.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
01-30-2010, 06:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khrysanth View Post
So, I was looking forward to making my Borg captain... And having fun with the one I made.
That said, why is it that the screenshot of the Borg Bridge Officer shows the Bridge Officer looking very Borg (as opposed to looking like a vaguely Borg-ish Starfleet type) while the Liberated Borg Captain is forced into a standard Starfleet uniform?

Can I please have the rest of my Borg captain?
No doubt. I tried to make that kind of Borg for my primary toon. I failed - miserably...

Quote:
Originally Posted by warduke73 View Post
Yep, you don't even get the laser eyes, and that borg nano thingy sucks ass.
I agree the ground combat nano skill is practically useless at least it has been for me so far.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
01-30-2010, 07:03 AM
Other than the outfit, you CAN make your borg Captain look a lot like that.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
01-30-2010, 08:27 AM
Yes, I know. That said, I want the outfit.
When someone says "Liberated Borg" I think Hugh, more than Seven of Nine. And Hugh was definitely still Borg.
Hell, Seven wasn't stuck in a Starfleet uniform either, even if she wasn't still "Borg" in appearance.
Is it still regulation? Probably not, but then again, I'm pretty sure Starfleet isn't too keen on former Borg commanding their ships either.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
01-30-2010, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khrysanth View Post
Probably not, but then again, I'm pretty sure Starfleet isn't too keen on former Borg commanding their ships either.
*cough*Picard*cough*
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
01-30-2010, 08:42 AM
Picard, who was ordered not to take part in a battle against the Borg.
Picard, who disobeyed that order and then violated the Temporal Prime Directive.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
01-30-2010, 08:52 AM
And saved the entire alpha quadrant.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
01-30-2010, 09:26 AM
The fact that he saved the quadrant is irrelevant to the topic of whether Starfleet liked the idea of a former Borg captain. Their actions show that they do not, regardless of the Captain's qualifications, previous history, or actions.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:45 PM.