Lt. Commander
So, I was looking forward to making my Borg captain... And having fun with the one I made.
That said, why is it that the screenshot of the Borg Bridge Officer shows the Bridge Officer looking very Borg (as opposed to looking like a vaguely Borg-ish Starfleet type) while the Liberated Borg Captain is forced into a standard Starfleet uniform?

Can I please have the rest of my Borg captain?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 05:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khrysanth View Post
So, I was looking forward to making my Borg captain... And having fun with the one I made.
That said, why is it that the screenshot of the Borg Bridge Officer shows the Bridge Officer looking very Borg (as opposed to looking like a vaguely Borg-ish Starfleet type) while the Liberated Borg Captain is forced into a standard Starfleet uniform?

Yep, you don't even get the laser eyes, and that borg nano thingy sucks ass.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 06:34 AM
Quote:

No doubt. I tried to make that kind of Borg for my primary toon. I failed - miserably...

Quote:
Originally Posted by warduke73 View Post
Yep, you don't even get the laser eyes, and that borg nano thingy sucks ass.
I agree the ground combat nano skill is practically useless at least it has been for me so far.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 07:03 AM
Other than the outfit, you CAN make your borg Captain look a lot like that.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 08:27 AM
Yes, I know. That said, I want the outfit.
When someone says "Liberated Borg" I think Hugh, more than Seven of Nine. And Hugh was definitely still Borg.
Hell, Seven wasn't stuck in a Starfleet uniform either, even if she wasn't still "Borg" in appearance.
Is it still regulation? Probably not, but then again, I'm pretty sure Starfleet isn't too keen on former Borg commanding their ships either.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2010, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Probably not, but then again, I'm pretty sure Starfleet isn't too keen on former Borg commanding their ships either.
*cough*Picard*cough*
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2010, 08:42 AM
Picard, who was ordered not to take part in a battle against the Borg.
Picard, who disobeyed that order and then violated the Temporal Prime Directive.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-30-2010, 08:52 AM
And saved the entire alpha quadrant.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-30-2010, 09:26 AM
The fact that he saved the quadrant is irrelevant to the topic of whether Starfleet liked the idea of a former Borg captain. Their actions show that they do not, regardless of the Captain's qualifications, previous history, or actions.