Lt. Commander
I received this mail:

Dear Customer,
Greetings from Amazon.co.uk.

Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below was changed by the supplier, and we need to provide you with a new estimated delivery date based on the new release date:

"Star Trek Online - Special Edition (PC DVD)"
Estimated arrival date: February 05 2010 - February 08 2010

One of Amazon's aims is to provide a convenient and efficient service; in this case, we have fallen short. Please accept our sincere apologies.

You have not been charged for this item. We do not debit money from your payment card until just before your items are dispatched. We will send you a dispatch confirmation email on the date of dispatch.

Thank you for shopping at Amazon.co.uk, we hope to see you again.

Please note: This e-mail was sent from a notification-only address that
cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this message.
Sincerely,
Customer Service Department
Amazon.co.uk

So - I was wondering how long us preorder customers will have time for activation before the account is getting closed. I am worried that after 3 days of 'headstart' my account will get locked for a week until I finally get the box - which would effectively remove the benefit from this 'headstart' for us.

Will Cryptic give us some leeway, say until the 10th, before the accounts get locked ?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 05:59 AM
They will do absolutely nothing. This is Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 06:05 AM
same applies to Game UK.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 06:10 AM
There will be a grace period after Feb 2 where you will still be able to play without your retail code. I don't remember the exact number of days, but it will be a little longer in Europe because of the different release dates.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 06:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvest
They will do absolutely nothing. This is Cryptic.
Why you are still here?

I mean, i'm triyn the game, but when i'll lose faith in producers and programmers, and i'll get bored about the game i'll simply leave the forum and the whole game

I won't keep bothering people on the forums

This is logical, your's not
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2010, 06:43 AM
My Amzon said 10th... I won't be happy if I can't get on because of the date being put back...
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2010, 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by S0R0N
I received this mail:

Dear Customer,
Greetings from Amazon.co.uk.

Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below was changed by the supplier, and we need to provide you with a new estimated delivery date based on the new release date:

"Star Trek Online - Special Edition (PC DVD)"
Estimated arrival date: February 05 2010 - February 08 2010

One of Amazon's aims is to provide a convenient and efficient service; in this case, we have fallen short. Please accept our sincere apologies.

You have not been charged for this item. We do not debit money from your payment card until just before your items are dispatched. We will send you a dispatch confirmation email on the date of dispatch.

Thank you for shopping at Amazon.co.uk, we hope to see you again.

Please note: This e-mail was sent from a notification-only address that
cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this message.
Sincerely,
Customer Service Department
Amazon.co.uk

So - I was wondering how long us preorder customers will have time for activation before the account is getting closed. I am worried that after 3 days of 'headstart' my account will get locked for a week until I finally get the box - which would effectively remove the benefit from this 'headstart' for us.

Will Cryptic give us some leeway, say until the 10th, before the accounts get locked ?
dont worry im sure there is some sort of grace period to get the retail key inputed
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-30-2010, 07:10 AM
This is exactly why I cancelled my preorder from Amazon and went over to D2D. Okay so I had to pay the money upfront but at least I'll be able to play right away.

Its an Issue with Namco who are publishing it in the EU and Cryptic have said there will be a grace period. I believe it is up to a week after launch but don't quote me on that.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-30-2010, 07:12 AM
I haven't gotten that email from Amazon yet =/
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-30-2010, 07:13 AM
As posted over and over ad infinitum, you have until midnight 8th feb to register your key. that is plenty of time.